Top Shelf Aquatics

Frogspawn dead?

kefbmm

I've had a frogspawn for 1.5 months now and it has been doing great till last night... I did a water change and the water was too cold so dropped the temp about 4 degrees to 72. Soon after, my frogspawn bunched up and now has a frothy white stuff on it. It has been a day.

I tried treating with restor. Is it a gonner? Should I take him out before it contaminates the rest of the tank??

post-37123-1229059299_thumb.jpg

I dont think that a 4 degree temp change would kill frogspawn. I dont even know how warm my water is after a water change (its much colder than the tank water though but Im too lazy to bring out the second heater to warm it up).

I would guess that it did not like the water chemistry for some reason.

I dont think that a 4 degree temp change would kill frogspawn. I dont even know how warm my water is after a water change (its much colder than the tank water though but Im too lazy to bring out the second heater to warm it up).

I would guess that it did not like the water chemistry for some reason.

That's the only thing different that I did... and my levels are all fine... should I pronounce it dead??

It doesnt look good but I would not give up on it yet. Can you get a better picture?

I took several but this is the only one that came out viewable...

I do hope it recovers...

I came home to a 98 degree tank once and my frogsrwan had completely melted away much like yours as well a my hammer and my xenia. Everything recovered even though they melted away event the hammer with was completely gone for like a whole month eventually started growing again.

I would say to leave the branch in there no mater if it dies or not. Even thou it might seem like its dead there is always a chance that there will be a little piece of coral still alive in the skeleton of the coral and strong enough to grow and flourish in to a whole new coral once again!!! fingerscrossed Thats always my hope any way don't loose hope

I came home to a 98 degree tank once and my frogsrwan had completely melted away much like yours as well a my hammer and my xenia. Everything recovered even though they melted away event the hammer with was completely gone for like a whole month eventually started growing again.

I would say to leave the branch in there no mater if it dies or not. Even thou it might seem like its dead there is always a chance that there will be a little piece of coral still alive in the skeleton of the coral and strong enough to grow and flourish in to a whole new coral once again!!! fingerscrossed Thats always my hope any way don't loose hope

I won't give up... I know he's a fighter... thanks!!! Did you have to do a dip or something to save them?

prolly pH shift. how long did you mix the water? how big is your tank? if it is 24 or larger, i would just wait it out...

are you using tap water, RO/DI or LFS water? what % WC did you do?

as long as the tissue is stuck to the skeleton there is hope

prolly pH shift. how long did you mix the water? how big is your tank? if it is 24 or larger, i would just wait it out...

are you using tap water, RO/DI or LFS water? what % WC did you do?

as long as the tissue is stuck to the skeleton there is hope

Actually, tank is only 14 gallons...

I use LFS water. I did use some buffer while I did that water change. Was that wrong? I did about 3 gallons or so of change. I do it weekly.

but there is still tissue there

how much buffer? is it borate based? what brand? a very small amount of sodium bicarbonate can spike the heck out of 3 gal of watter pH

a good thing to buy is a pH monitor, they are pricey but worth it, I do not trust LFS water, I mix my own. 3 gal weekly is a good regiment, bout 25% did you test the salinity?...

hi , i have the exact same problem . however my hammer contracted and deinflated inmediatly after i glued the frag with epoxy. is it possibly that the heat caused it to retreat?

Archived