Innovative Marine Aquariums

Current USA T5HO?

jocappy

The sundials are what I'd call intermediate fixtures. You probably could keep some SPS, but it would be a stretch.

So really not worth the money right? Why spend 200 bucks on lighting when you cant do all. Other suggestions?

The sundials are what I'd call intermediate fixtures. You probably could keep some SPS, but it would be a stretch.

Bologna

I have that fixture on my 15g and will use it on my 20H.

Acro.jpg

blasto.jpg

FTS-Nov29-08.jpg

So really not worth the money right? Why spend 200 bucks on lighting when you cant do all. Other suggestions?

This requires a little DIY, but if I can do it with no prior experience, it shouldn't be too hard:

http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5_Fluore...Bulbs_by_IceCap

The listed length is 24 inches, but "30 inch" fixtures actually have the same bulbs as 24 inch ones except they use a staggered arrangement.

Travis: the whole point of T5s is that their shape allows reflectors to be around each bulb, and so it makes sense to get the best reflectors one can afford.

Note::: I did change out the stock bulbs to these.

2 x 24W Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent by ATI

1 x 24W Super Actinic T5 HO Fluorescent by UV Lighting

1 x 24W Fiji Purple T5 HO Fluorescent by Korallen Zucht

Travis: the whole point of T5s is that their shape allows reflectors to be around each bulb, and so it makes sense to get the best reflectors one can afford.

This fixture has individual reflectors, well sortof. It's one reflector bent a bunch of times so that each bulb has its own reflector.

This fixture has individual reflectors, well sortof. It's one reflector bent a bunch of times so that each bulb has its own reflector.

"sort of" :P

jocappy: don't worry, lighting is one of the most argued subjects in reefkeeping. I have the Reefgeek retro that I posted on my 20 high, and I got it after hearing positive reviews from many members.

Archived