IMG_3840-1.jpg

IMG_3843-1.jpg

Tank @ 3 months

IMG_3852-1.jpg

More!

IMG_3851-1.jpg

More!

IMG_3856-1.jpg

ur scape looks like when nemo and dory had to go thrue the cave tunnel thing but they when up abouve it instead and go stung lol

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I was going for a trench affect, but didn't have the movie in mind. I guess I just need a thousand or so little jelly fish. Does anyone know if that would affect my bioload?...lol

• 3 weeks later...

Well I moved into my new place over the holidays, about a 30min drive from where I was so I had to take the tank down. Even with 90% of the water, and all the rock removed the tank was still a little on the heavy side. I had to wheel it down the hall on a skate board, the whole time keeping a good look out for my landlord…lol… I placed my coral in a tub with a heater, and the live rock in another. It was a pain in the ass to move, but I got it done. I placed the tank back on it’s stand and dumped about 70% of the old water back in. I topped up the rest with new mixed water and let it settle for about 24h. In the mean time I had my corals, 2 blue leg hermits, and 2 cleaner shrimp in a clear rubber maid tub on my bathroom floor in the new place, my girlfriend called it “ Noah's Ark”. I placed my sunpod light on top of the Rubbermaid on it’s stand, and used my heated tile floors as the heater. I checked the water the next day, and all was well, so I moved everything back into the main tank. I tried to keep the same placement of the corals, and the same aquascape but it was hard. I still have two islands but with some small changes. Top it all off, I had to leave town for a week the next day to visit family. I am sad to say that I think I may have lost a hard coral to the move, it’s not doing so well, changing colour etc. so I’ll keep an eye on it. I guess it could have been worse. I’ll post some pic’s of the set up, and new digs later.

Tank is still looking good! I know the feeling leaving your tank for a week then coming back...SCARY! lol.

That sunpod looks like it's working very good for you!

Do you notice it heating up your tank?

Maybe one or two degrees but nothing bad ( 79-77) . I just ordered a new phoenix bulb, so I hope that doesn’t change things much. I would like to make a acrylic top for it, but I’m not sure that I want all the extra fans just to keep the temp down, and I’m trying to avoid the chiller thing as well. Oh ya I like your tank stand, looks good, I’m hopping to make one soon, but I don’t want to go through the whole stress of dumping water out, and moving the tank again.

I want your speaker

lol....You can have them, but just one :P

I need to figure out some type of top for my tank too. I was thinking of the usual egg crate and screen? Would acrylic work? or would it keep your tank hot?

I have seen some acrylic tops on this sight, with holes drilled into the top for both gas, and heat exchange. I’m not sure how affective they would be for regulating the heat, I would guess that most people run them with a chiller. I was thinking of maybe a four inch perimeter around the tank, with the middle open, and a cover over the back three chambers. This should help with evaporation, and stop some of the carpet surfing fish

The frame cover is a much better option IMO. You see that in PetsMart and other LFS. It will allow for more gas and heat exchange since the middle is wide open, but it will keep anything from jumping out.

Nosey,

i have the JBJ 28G and i live in Nashville.. was thinking that i'd have to go the chiller route as well as the summer heat gets up there here in the south.

Instead i started with the double Azoo fan just clipped onto the back of the tank and blowing into the rear chambers.. i have it on a timer, so it only runs when the halide is on. Ive never had a heat problem since..

it never gets above 79 degrees and i think it might have cost me about 24 bucks..

might be worth a shot if you put some sort of lid on yours...my tank has the stock lid on it.

Like your tank.. cool scape..

also.. you are the first person ive seen mention typing on the PS3..

i have one and utilize that function as well. pretty cool looking at reefs on the big LCD in the living room.

Nosey,

i have the JBJ 28G and i live in Nashville.. was thinking that i'd have to go the chiller route as well as the summer heat gets up there here in the south.

Instead i started with the double Azoo fan just clipped onto the back of the tank and blowing into the rear chambers.. i have it on a timer, so it only runs when the halide is on. Ive never had a heat problem since..

it never gets above 79 degrees and i think it might have cost me about 24 bucks..

might be worth a shot if you put some sort of lid on yours...my tank has the stock lid on it.

Like your tank.. cool scape..

also.. you are the first person ive seen mention typing on the PS3..

i have one and utilize that function as well. pretty cool looking at reefs on the big LCD in the living room.

LOL....I know, there is nothing like looking at every picture on a 52” 1080p TV…lol…The typing thing is slow, maybe I should look at the cordless keyboard you always see on the home page for the back of the controller.

I would like to try and keep all the add on of fans down to a min as much as I can, it doesn’t look as clean if you ask me. If my temps get up in the summer, than I think I’ll just add a chiller.

Well I now have Dinoflagelates algae/fungus, so I started to treat my tank. I’ve for now dropped my light cycle to 4 hours a day, added a carbon bag, and probably tomorrow I’ll start to up my PH level. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh It’s one thing after another.

LOL....I know, there is nothing like looking at every picture on a 52” 1080p TV…lol…The typing thing is slow, maybe I should look at the cordless keyboard you always see on the home page for the back of the controller.

I would like to try and keep all the add on of fans down to a min as much as I can, it doesn’t look as clean if you ask me. If my temps get up in the summer, than I think I’ll just add a chiller.

Nosey.. i bought the little clip on Keyboard for the wireless controller..

it just slides right onto the controller and YES. does make the typing easier. i bought new one at ea games for like fifty bucks. but im sure you could get em used.. and i think i heard someone at best buy say they were like 30 bucks there.. but that might have been a special or something

Good luck with the tank.. let me know how the chiller works out.

Merc

So I removed all the guards off my kor power heads to help with my Dinoflagelates algae problem. Last night I was sitting there watching TV with the tank next to me, and I kept hearing this intermittent buzzing noise. I knew it was coming from the tank, but at first I didn’t think much of it. It went on, and off for about 10min, then I turned on the light, and started to look for the source of the noise. I looked down at my Kora 1, and a snail had crawled into the power head, and was being hit with the pump propeller. I quickly pulled the plug, and the snail continued his merry grazing way into the power head. After about 30min, he moved on, and I started the pump again. I replaced the guards on the power heads, and all is good. Mental note, guards are there for a reason, and it’s not just for fish. ……Crazy Snail !

IMG_4153-1.jpg

Mork being a camera pig. He seems to love getting his picture taken. I love my little fish, every time my hands are in the tank to clean it, they like to bight the bubbles on the back of my hand. They stock the bubbles ,or me from behind the rocks, then rush out to get them, then rush back to there hide. I think they think it’s a big game!

IMG_4136-1.jpg

Full tank picture, at about 5 months i think. Don’t forget that this is after a move, and at this point I’m having problems with Dino’s

IMG_4126-1.jpg

It was hard to get a good picture of them, they are faster then i am!

IMG_4129-1.jpg

IMG_4155-1.jpg

IMG_4139-1.jpg

Archived