ReefCleaners.org

New 29G BIOCUBE ( my first tank ever ) #2

Nosey

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nosey this is looking good. Also StevieT is so nice to make that for you.

Ya your right, it was nice of him, and i love his work....PS Your tank rocks!

Interesting scape, reminds me of Oregon Reef but on a smaller scale!

Thanks Lalani!

3.5 months....New Clam, and a cluster of yellow polyps. I'm having problems with the clam falling over in the sand. I placed him on the rocks, but he never set his foot. I put him back in the sand, and he keeps falling over. :lol:IMG_3895-1.jpg

3.5 months....New Clam, and a cluster of yellow polyps. I'm having problems with the clam falling over in the sand. I placed him on the cocks, but he never set his foot. I put him back in the sand, and he keeps falling over. :lol:IMG_3895-1.jpg

Get a flat piece of rock or half of a clam shell. Bury this under the sand a little. Place your clam on top of this. In a couple of days, your clam will attach itself to this. Then you can take the rock or shell and mount this to where you want it! What type of lighting do you have? Croceas are some of the more light demanding clams!

BTW, nice tank!

wow, I love the aquascape, the rack looks like it is working well in the tank. I am gald we were able to get a size that would work with the Tunze.

nosey, just finished my cycle.what do you have in your media rack from top to bottom? Oh yea tank looks great ;)

From top to bottom, I have filter floss, cheato, and a bag full of cem-pure elite at the bottom.

wow, I love the aquascape, the rack looks like it is working well in the tank. I am gald we were able to get a size that would work with the Tunze.

Ya, thanks StevieT it works well. I'm thinking of removing the middle egg create , and just pack it with more cheato. I could always use it as a frag tray.

looking good nosey! Your aquascape looks good..very different!

What corals do you have in there?

1× Star Coral

1× Hammer Coral

1× Torch Coral with 2 heads

1× open Brain

1× Closed Brain

1× Finger Coral

1× Birdnest

1× Staghorn

1× Clam

1× artichoke Coral

2× Frag of Green & Orange Zoa's

I think thats right

Ya, thanks StevieT it works well. I'm thinking of removing the middle egg create , and just pack it with more cheato. I could always use it as a frag tray.

not a bad idea. It should just pop right off. I see from the first pic the top one kind of came detached in shipping.

I placed him on the cocks, but he never set his foot.

:eek: lol

Really like your aquascape, I've never seen someone do two equal size islands before. Definitely cool in my book.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone. StevieT a have a quick question, and that's do you think you might be able to make a lid. Maybe a partial top made of plexyglass?

yes, I could. But it will still have to allow for proper gas exchange into the water. The only probelm with close lids on our tanks is that it traps and doesn't allow for air flow, which can effect anything from PH to oxygen levels.

Why don't you send something to sales@mediabaskets.com we can talk it over. With the rear chambers open I am sure gas exchange can be allowed.

Archived