SaltCritters.com

Help please quickly emergency update w/new pics

FishOnTheBrainCoral

FishOnTheBrainCoral

Thanks ahead of time.....I just ordered my fist set of corals online and fedex took two days to get here. the problem is they are cold as heck... im guessing mid to low 60's. is there any hope for them I got them aclamating right now but are they gonna be ok? should i do anything special to help them? should i even bother putting them in or send them back? I got them from live aquaria. they had a heat pack.

Well, are they disintigrating? Or are they still intact? What kind of corals? If they are not melting away, I say just plop em in the tank and hope for the best.

Put them in. See if they survive. Run carbon. If they don't look like they will make it call liveaquaria and see if you can't get a refund they are good about that.

FishOnTheBrainCoral

giant polyup duncan and a lemon tree they are still in bag cant see to well yet

thank you all for quick reply

granted i new but i thought they were very well packaged considering

yeah i would try to save them but call liveaquaria immediately and make them aware of the problem. they're supposed to be good with their guarantee but make sure to catalog all your communication with them just in case

FishOnTheBrainCoral

update,

I put them in and they are both starting to open slightly, the duncan more so... thank you all ill keep updating. Even though they are looking ok should i still call and let them know? just in case?

BustytheSnowMaam

I received a zoa frag from them with no heat pack in the box- I let it go for nearly the 2 week guaranty period because I thought the zoas would recover. When it looked like they wouldn't, I just emailed them a picture of the closed-up and disintegrating zoas and Liveaquaria gave me credit.

In this case I just temp acclimate and drop in. I had a shipment lost for four days, the seller had also placed the micros and chalice in the same bag! The acans had no water. The first two corals looked like they had banged into and eaten each other most of the time and they recovered fine. The acans looked really ok actually, even at first. Corals are pretty hardy.

Pics from when these corals just came in after four days in a box

tankupgrademarch28th2008007.jpg

tankupgrademarch28th2008010.jpg

tankupgrademarch28th2008011.jpg

And pics from a healthier state

andresfrags008.jpg

andresfrags006.jpg

dec72008020.jpg

So...don't give up. Corals will make it through a lot, cold weather is a bad one though, hopefully they make it through. Don't throw any out for looking a little beat up, give them a chance.

FishOnTheBrainCoral

here are the pics of the corals when they first went in

here are the pics of the corals when they first went in

post-39884-1228983194_thumb.jpg

FishOnTheBrainCoral

Well the duncan ate a mysis today and the tree was in full bloom. then duncan hasnt opened up all the way but easting is a plus

BTW you said leather.... when i ordered it was called a lemon tree coral....so thats a type of leather?? (still a noob) it dosnt really look like the pic on the website did they send me the wrong thing?

FishOnTheBrainCoral

pics of tree at bloom and duncan after meal

I finally got a peek at it center after it ate cant wait to see it all opened up it is a very cool florescent green. i couldnt get a good pic of the colors sorry..... maybe when he opens up more...

Archived