where to get eggcrate

RedMan25xl

Home Depot

Lowes

Menards

called Light Diffuser to the employees at that store

In the lighting section under the florescent lights

go buy now, pick me up some as well, I am running low

Not to hijack but what's the best way to glue eggcrate to acrylic?

weldon #4 would be the best way. You can also use superglue gel. Silicone does not provide a lot of tack with acrylic.

I use weldon to attach it to my media racks, but weldon isn't a commonly found product in Hardware stores.

weldon #4 would be the best way. You can also use superglue gel. Silicone does not provide a lot of tack with acrylic.

I use weldon to attach it to my media racks, but weldon isn't a commonly found product in Hardware stores.

Is that the stuff that comes in two tubes kinda syringe thing?...lol thats right now that I think about it I used this stuff for my frag rack but it was only acrylic to acrylic and so tiny.web.jpg

I buy weldon in quarts. I do pour it into two different kinds of applicators. Both have syringes at the end, one is actually a long syringe to get into the hard to reach areas on my skimmer cups.

I use both of these:

440_hypoapplicator.jpg

Weldon does melt egg crate

a two part epoxy would also work, but it's long term life may be limited

I use weldon #4 for most of my applications. I also keep weldon #16 on hand to fix small pinhole leaks in cups. That is much thicker and comes in a tube. Weldon #4 is like water, but it is amazing.

I don't buy it from Tap plastics but I see they do sell some of it. I will get you a link to where I buy in just a second.

Here is where I get mine:

http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/Plexiglas...34Pa38Ta38Tbhj0

The one I buy:

http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/Plexiglas...DHESIVE-IPS4-QT

I see they raised their price a dollar since I purchased.

Edit: looks like Tap's price is just about the same, check with shipping though some have "hazard" material charges. I like tap plastics, I buy a few materials from them about once a month.

I bought a quart around June, I use it almost daily, and I still have a few swigs left, it lasts a long time so you can buy a lesser amount. I still haven't had to dip into my back up quart yet, I imagine I will have to in about a week.

Archived