Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Majano? Aiptasia? Something Else?

Ron99

This little guy showed up recently. It's about 1/4 inch wide so still pretty small. I am thinking a type of Majano but wanted to turn it over to the experts here. Do tiny aiptasia get bubble tips like that?

Thanks,

Ron

post-40158-1228850616_thumb.jpg

majano

Sorry to burst your bubble (punn intended) but I think that is a majano. The thing to the left looks like it could be a smaller one. Some majano nems have bulbs on the tips like that.

majano

Sorry to burst your bubble (punn intended) but I think that is a majano. The thing to the left looks like it could be a smaller one. Some majano nems have bulbs on the tips like that.

Unfortunately, I have to agree.

That's pretty much what I thought. A baby BTA would be way to much luck! I have read alot of conflicting stuff about Majanos. Some people say they spread like crazy and cause problems. Others say they have one or two living peacefully in their tank.

I am going to keep a close eye on it. If it starts to split or get to big I'll zap it. For now it's interesting to watch it grow slowly :-)

P.S. Thanks for the input!

Thanks everyone. Majano it is.

ya it is i had one and it was stinging some corals i had so i got rid of it the best way i found is to take a mini torch and burn it then take a knife and scape away all you can see or it could come back

Archived