Hydor Koralia 1 Problem

shandy_say

Hi! My Hydor Koralia 1 just arrived but I am currently having problems with it. It is producing this clicking sound and is not producing any water movement. Can anyone help me? Read the manual already and no instructions were given for such problems.

pump just needs a kick start, sounds like the impeller is just jumping up and down on the shaft, plug it in and use a toothpick or similar to get it started

Tried that already but the propeller just keeps sliding up and down the metal shaft. Could it be a problem that the electricity requirements of the pump since it is only 50 hertz but the electricity here in the Philippines is at 60 hertz? Not really familiar with electrical stuff so I don't really know the difference. Hope someone can help.

Tried that already but the propeller just keeps sliding up and down the metal shaft. Could it be a problem that the electricity requirements of the pump since it is only 50 hertz but the electricity here in the Philippines is at 60 hertz? Not really familiar with electrical stuff so I don't really know the difference. Hope someone can help.

I lived in the Philippines a long time ago but I am now in the US. The outlet there runs on 220v not 110v. Are you sure you got a koralia that runs 220v not 110v? You might have broken it that way.

I lived in the Philippines a long time ago but I am now in the US. The outlet there runs on 220v not 110v. Are you sure you got a koralia that runs 220v not 110v? You might have broken it that way.

Yep! I checked it before I plugged it in. Its 220 volts @ 50hertz. The power supply in Manila is 220 volts @ 60 hertz.

Archived