SaltCritters.com

Trav's NEW 20H (Updated 4-28-09)

Travis

No, I don't mind at all :)

I think it's time for an update...right? I will do my best to take some pictures between today and tomorrow. :D

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AdriftQuasar

I've been wanting to upgrade my 20H to have a sump for the entire time I have had it. I think I might go with your exact plumbing if I decide not to put all kinds of holes in it. I really like the simplicity of your overflow. I could see me drilling my return though and just having a check-valve to keep water from siphoning back out if my pump were to die or power fail.

I had traditionally not been a big fan of the blue backgrounds, but I think it matches the lighting in your tank perfectly. You may have changed my mind about them. My lighting is currently a 250w 12k reeflux, I think adding some T5 actinics (something else I have wanted since I went to MH) would be worth doing. You have just the right amount of blue and it compliments the corals and fish well.

Thanks for the inspiration.

davidr2340
Here's the updated FTS as promised :)

Travis... As always, BEAUTIFUL bro!!! :bowdown:

You really should poke your head in here a bit more often!!! -_-

Travis... As always, BEAUTIFUL bro!!! :bowdown:

You really should poke your head in here a bit more often!!! -_-

Thanks man :)

Check the new avatar, he's why I've been busy :D

Hey travis

What return pump are you using?

How many gph, Would u change it at all?

How big are ur retrun/drain holes?

:)

• 2 months later...
U gunna get a skimmer or WAT!

Just ordered a Tunze Nano DOC 9200 :D

I'll post pics and stuff when it comes in. I did abit of reaquascaping, so a FTS is in order :)

So....I'll have a good skimmer for this size tank..I havn't bought a fish in like a year..and um.......I want another one! :P

Any ideas?

So....I'll have a good skimmer for this size tank..I havn't bought a fish in like a year..and um.......I want another one! :P

Any ideas?

I'm too damn lazy to look, but what do you have now?

I saw you updated, the tank looks great! I would get a nice wrasse or a pearly jawfish. Classic goby and pistol or neon goby pairs are also something I've wanted to try

Militant Jurist

Very nice! I really like the growth pattern of your monti cap. I'm hoping I can get mine to do something cool like that!

Woo! looks great Travis! I still love the T5 bulb combo u got goin' on...the xenia is getting crazy lol

I have always wanted a flame hawk but heard that they like to eat shrimp and hermits <_<

a carpenters flasher wrasse would look awesome in there! We need close up shots prz :P

edit: bah just saw u have an open top...any wrasse wouldn't last long :(

Archived