Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Trav's NEW 20H (Updated 4-28-09)

Travis

All right so....the wifey is buying me a drilled 20H and 10g sump.

Here's how the layout will be.

post-8390-1228690408_thumb.jpgpost-8390-1228690415_thumb.jpgpost-8390-1228690424_thumb.jpg

I'm going to use 1" flex hose insted of pvc to eliminate elbows.

Lighting will be a CurrentUSA Sundial T5HO 4x24w.

I'll be picking up the tanks in two weeks, the LFS is doing the work for me. :)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guess we all know who wears the pants in your family, IT ISN'T YOU :P

I'm just playing. Question.

Why didnt you drill the tank for the return as well? Makes more sense to me, but that's just me.

less holes = less chance of cracking the glass.

i did it once with my 20L, and nothing happened. If the guy drills it correctly, why not?

Awesome Travis. Looking forward to see how this stunner turns out as well. I already have my can of Krylon Fusion blue paint ready for my new 20H. Can't beat a nice crisp blue background. Makes all of the colors stand out and pop.

Got the stand in today! B)

Stand.jpg

Stand-Open.jpg

Sweet door nobs

Nobs.jpg

The sump

Sump.jpg

I was going to have the LFS make the sump too, but I had this one and they wanted $80 for a 10g sump. I'm on a budget so....I opted to use the old sump and put the $80 on something better...like...CORAL.... lol.

The sump obviously won't be on top of the tank. I have to make a stand for the sump so that it will fit over the magnetic door hing. Im going to build it this weekend.

The sump is in place :)

I had a problem fittng the tank in the stand because of the magnetic door lock, so I found away around it, or should I say, over it. ;)

I made a stand out of 3/4" square metal tubeing.

Sump-1.jpg

Sump-2.jpg

Sump-3.jpg

I also just painted the back of the tank (blue) and am waiting for it to dry. More pictures to come :D

For this tank, I want an 'open' rockscape. I want lots of caves and openings inside the rock structure. Not sure what it's going to look like, I'm just gonna wing the aquascape for the most part :)

Archived