Coral Vue Hydros

CUC

bboynewb

I'm trying to come up with a good clean up crew and need some input.

I was thinking of getting Red and Blue leg hermits, and a bounch of empty shells for them to grow into.

how many of each would be good for a BC29.

I 'm not sure if I need snails or not. What do you think?

Thanks.

Snails are a must, hermits not so much. To quote someone from another thread, they're the coach potatoes of the CUC. I'd recommend concentrating your CUC more on snails...

reefman225gal
Snails are a must, hermits not so much. To quote someone from another thread, they're the coach potatoes of the CUC. I'd recommend concentrating your CUC more on snails...

^^^^ +1

I'd go even farther with a snail-only CUC. I don't appreciate having crabs that kill snails I bought. Some types that you could get: turbo, trochus, astraea, cerith, and nassarius.

dahliaheartsyou
I'd go even farther with a snail-only CUC. I don't appreciate having crabs that kill snails I bought. Some types that you could get: turbo, trochus, astraea, cerith, and nassarius.

i love my hermits, but if you want them only keep like 3 in a BC 29...

the snails do most of the work, it is true.

you can feed the hermits to try and make them not eat the snails, but they still do sometimes...

and it is sad when i see my one big hermit chopping on a stomatella =[

i love my hermits, but if you want them only keep like 3 in a BC 29...

the snails do most of the work, it is true.

you can feed the hermits to try and make them not eat the snails, but they still do sometimes...

and it is sad when i see my one big hermit chopping on a stomatella =[

Well, I wasn't safe still because I had a pistol shrimp who was just as destructive. I think it killed my peppermint.

plus crabs can't get everywhere. snails definitely need to be the staple of the crew. hermits are really only worth getting for long hair algae, get the snails before the long hair algae takes hold and the hermits are more trouble than help. cool pets though, they still will do some cleaning.

Thanks for the replys.

I will try figuring out which snails and how many will work.

I probably will throw in 1 or 2 hermits at max. Maby the red leg hermits.. I read they are a bit more peaceful.

Thanks again.

Peace

Archived