inTank Media Baskets

Just wanted to share a photo...

jeremai

dahliaheartsyou

i like it!!!

the differing depths in the picture is cool!

p.s.

i loved that movie, "Osbourne Cox? I thought you might be worried... about the security... of your sh!t."

lol.

Hey thanks everyone. B)

HDR is by far and away the greatest photography innovation known to man. Do you use Photomatix to render the images together?

Yup, Photomatix is by far the best program I've found for creating and mapping HDR images.

Nice HDR conversion! 5 shots?

Right, five exposures ranging from 6 seconds to 45 seconds. The other side of the bridge is just as far along in construction, but since they don't let anyone on top of the dam at night there was no way to get both sections in the shot at the same time. I'm going to apply for a permit to stay after hours, though - the view of the two sections with empty space between them, stnading high above the already enormously tall dam, is a once in a lifetime chance for a photographer.

I swear Ive been to hoover dam....But I was in a boat at the bottom of it....That thing is amazing in persons...

Awesome photo

Right, five exposures ranging from 6 seconds to 45 seconds. The other side of the bridge is just as far along in construction, but since they don't let anyone on top of the dam at night there was no way to get both sections in the shot at the same time. I'm going to apply for a permit to stay after hours, though - the view of the two sections with empty space between them, stnading high above the already enormously tall dam, is a once in a lifetime chance for a photographer.

<----jealous.

If/when you get that shot, it better be posted here. I HAVE to see that one. :)

Very nice Jer! whats the exif on the photo?

PITA, that's what it is, lol. I set the lens wide open, started with a one second exposure and went in increments of two seconds up to thirty. Good times. :mellow:

Wow, stunning.

After 9/11 that bridge is badly needed

Agreed - security is getting a little crazy out there now, it'll be nice to divert a lot of traffic off the dam. Plus it'll cut about an hour off my drive to Phoenix. :happydance:

<----jealous.

If/when you get that shot, it better be posted here. I HAVE to see that one. :)

:rolleyes: If you insist, here's another one. I got there just after the sun set. It was overcast and drizzling, but the sky still turned a great shade of blue in the photos. For some reason Photomatix keeps imploding on me, so the last one will take a bit longer.

dam21_2_3.jpg

That one was actually taken from the dam itself. It was hard to tell in the first photo, but the bridge is two hundred feet above the dam, which is five hundred feet above the floor of the canyon. More info: http://www.hooverdambypass.org/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

blue sky is pretty

:rolleyes: If you insist, here's another one. I got there just after the sun set. It was overcast and drizzling, but the sky still turned a great shade of blue in the photos. For some reason Photomatix keeps imploding on me, so the last one will take a bit longer.

<----east coast. big for me is the washington monument...or more than 3500 feet for "mountains". Huge bridge over huge gorge from Hoover Dam has to be crazy compared to the dinky little stuff around here ;)

Please excuse the ignorance, but why is this needed more after 9/11?

The only way to pass over the river is across the Hover Dam. After 9/11 the governement has put a lock down on security especially at this dam since it is so heavily visited. Secturity is a nightmare and it takes forever to cross it since all cars, busses ets are checked.

I was there in 2002, it was a mess, but worth the wait, the dam is amazing.

Archived