SaltCritters.com

150 watt Phoenix. how often do you replace yours

douglam

How often do y'all replace your phoenix 150watt 14k bulbs? i just picked up a used sunpod and the bulb is 9 months old but still looks good. someone told met he only replace theirs every 14 months. do they really last that long.

How often do y'all replace your phoenix 150watt 14k bulbs? i just picked up a used sunpod and the bulb is 9 months old but still looks good. someone told met he only replace theirs every 14 months. do they really last that long.

i use 250's, but i replace mine every 9 or so months. i'm going to try out a 10k for a while this time though....

there was an article that said they can last for like 2 years with very little loss of light production.

i can see a difference in my corals right around the 9 month mark in my tank. once i replace the bulb my corals color right back up.

I just replaced my 150 watt phoenix 14k about two weeks ago. Had it for about 10 months. I did however switch to an Aqua Medic 20k and am really loving it more than the 14k bulb. Personal preference.

i found the article and it showed that at 2 years it had about 65% of original output i think. in the first 3 or 4 months they loose about 25% and then level off to about a year or 14 months. ACCORDING TO THE ARTICLE i think it said at a year to 14 months it had lost about 31% from original output

Every bulb degrades a little different though. The only true way to tell is to get a PAR meter and periodically check the output of the light to see where your major dropoff is. A Phoenix could last 9 months like Glenn's, but an XM 20K could last 12 months. My Plusrite ebay special lasted 4 months before tanking. Good thing it was only $25.

Archived