inTank Media Baskets

72 Gallon Bow Front Nightmare!

Todesengel

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya, you would think a guy with a spray can tattoo would know how to paint properly... jeez... haha

hahahahahah no ###### huh, at least the masking was flawless!

Damn, ######ty luck dude. At least you've got a new tank now. I like the blue, good choice.

Hahaha tell me about the bad luck brother man. Its been a horrible week, but with my good friends I am getting through it. I like the blue too, my 29gallon is black and I wanted to try something different. So next weekend I am gonna get around 100-150lbs of sand. Going to do about a 4" sand bed, about an inch below the overflow's bottom intake. Then I am slowly slowly going to be moving over my 29 gallon into this one. I still havent decided what I want to do with lighting. Thinking T5's with individual reflectors as my metal halide heats my tank up pretty good.

I just love the photo where the 2 tanks are both seen. The destroyed on in the back is just priceless.

Na it was about $351 with tax... LOL

Ya I need a new tank... Just ####ing destroyed it!!! It wasent all the way center on the stand, and I put the hose in it and let it fill up. Went inside the house. BOOOOOM Glass and Water EVERYWHERE!! It fell off the side of the stand... This is the worst week of my life!!!

Thanks for reminding me why I never filled the 55 gallon tank I picked up on Craigslist. It sits on a steel frame - and doesn't seat well at all. I filled it up in the back yard for 24 hours - but wasn't enough to give me confidence to put it in the homestead. I prefer to swim outdoors.

Maybe some day I'll get around to selling it as a terrarium. Now it's just a piece of furniture on the porch

I've been blowing blue snot out of my nose for the past 2 days LOL.

On that note, I have been looking at lights. I really wanted to go with T5's due to heat issues, but I have always loved my metal halide. If I were to go metal halide on this 72 gallon, I would have to wait a bit to buy it. But I could get the T5's within the next two weeks.

Current USA 48 inch Outer Orbit 2x150w 10K HQI-MH w/ 4x54W T5 HO & 18 Lunar Lights

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~cat...MHMTMDMLM6.html

or

48 inch Current USA 6x54W Nova Extreme Pro T5HO

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~cat...FILTFIT58U.html

MH all the way. I believe you just can't get that nice light without it.

With the heat issues... a cheap solution is a small fan blowing on the water. This will about double your daily evaporation though. But I kept my 42 gallons at 80f durring 90+ degree days.

Epic. I bought a 55 off craigslist, filled it only to watch it bow over an inch...THANKFULLY I was able to get it drained before it snapped. A bearded dragon calls it home now :)

I am skeptical about used tanks because you never know what has happened to the tank in the past...

Glad to see things are back on track and I love the blue background!

Hmmm, because I have the brace in the center I think it may limit my use of T5's and the same with those actnics on the side of the MH... Any opinions?

A single brace isn't that bad. You'll only notice it's shadow at the very top of the tank. It's no different than a 55 with t5s. Here's my Cichlid tank with just two t5s on it. With more light, you'll get less shadow.

IMG_2259.jpg

I'd add the 4x54w T5 Sundial to your list of potential lights. I know it's only 4 lamps, but its got the built in moonlights and timers. It's a pretty bad@$$ fixture. I'm planning on two 36" ones for my 125.

Dude get the metal halide I will ####ing throw hella frags in there for you. I am jealous of the MH... damn 260 PC hood just isnt enough for my tank!

so both kraylen and todesengel are in the phx area huh?

you guys going to the frag meet this saturday?

Na, we both don't quite fit in with the "reef crowd".

About the Center brace problem. Here is what it will look like if your bulbs are not evenly lighted.

3091481206_b64b25c2cc_b.jpg

I imagine 3 new bulbs of the same kind would eliminate much of what you are seeing. Plus the water is not RO/DI. It was only a leak/setup test.

Na, we both don't quite fit in with the "reef crowd".

Are they weird or something? haha

I'm just trying to meet locals to trade with, lol.. i've got over $2k invested in my 20gal and only 4 corals (pom pom xenia, torch, monti cap and green slimer).. I need to get to stocking!!!

There's someone in mesa giving away GSP for free..

I'm just trying to meet locals to trade with, lol.. i've got over $2k invested in my 20gal and only 4 corals (pom pom xenia, torch, monti cap and green slimer).. I need to get to stocking!!!

I called the GSP lady, she told me she would call me in the morning while I was at work, but she didn't call me till later that evening after I drove the 50miles home. She is only 2miles from my work. But GSP is cheap. The local reef crowd is high class preppy doctors, ect.... We are poor mid twentie kids that smoke cigs and ride motorcycles!

Were both in AZ.... im in Tempe.... hit me up man on AIM or something Ill hook you up with some stuff.......

Im too gangsta for AZFrag hahahahah

I got 2 frags of GSP right now in my tank bout 2 x 2 inches you can come pick one up if you'd like.

Archived