Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chucktown 20H

divecj5

Nothing too much to report on the tank...just cruising along and growing like crazy.

I should have some Nuke Greens, Purple Deaths, Tubb's Blues, and some Armor of God frags Tuesday. Picked them all up for $35 :happydance:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing too much to report on the tank...just cruising along and growing like crazy.

I should have some Nuke Greens, Purple Deaths, Tubb's Blues, and some Armor of God frags Tuesday. Picked them all up for $35 :happydance:

:o Wow, excellent score!!

:o Wow, excellent score!!

Thanks Weetie....from someone on here as well in the Livestock section. I couldn't pass it up since shipping was cheap as well. It's been quite a while since I've bought any Z's or P's.

airman_verde04

Hey Adam, did you already put all your coral from your BC29 in the new tank? it seems that your other tank had a fuller look with the livestock.. anyways, Are you still thinking about putting a sump on that tank?

Very nice tank. The difference in your corals over just a short time is amazing! Keep up the good work and the updates.

Hey Adam, did you already put all your coral from your BC29 in the new tank? it seems that your other tank had a fuller look with the livestock.. anyways, Are you still thinking about putting a sump on that tank?

Hey David. I moved all of the SPS from the BC29 as well as the fish into the 20H. The other coral (random zoas here and there) and things that were encrusted on the rocks didn't make it as I didn't want any traces of the Neomeris or vermitids migrating over to this tank. With the new Zoas and Palys hopefully it will fill out more and have a little more life. Although I love SPS, it does take a while before they fill in and grow out.

Looking great!

Thanks for the compliment and stopping by.

Great job with your photography. The colors are coming along fantastically. Keep up the good work!

Thanks....I still have a hard time adjusting the white balance to match exactly how it looks in person but I think I've found some settings to adjust the RAW file that come pretty close.

Very nice SPS growth and coloration pics! This tank is a major reason I ordered a vortech for my own 20H.

I just saw your thread yesterday and saw that you were getting the MP20 for it. You will absolutely love it on the tank and I'm positive the fish and coral will as well. I actually think the fish like it just as much as the corals....they love swimming against and across the flow. Pretty cool to watch.

Very nice tank. The difference in your corals over just a short time is amazing! Keep up the good work and the updates.

Thanks Matt. Hopefully the growth and coloration will continue. I am planning to take some photos this weekend and post them just to keep track of growth and keep the masses happy :)

Wow Adam - it's been awhile since I viewed your thread and I can't believe how well your SPS are doing. They look GREAT! Hey, I see you purchased some zoas/palys - couldn't wait for me - huh? Let me know where you got a good deal since I'm shopping for some as well.

Everything looks so good in your tank and I love the way that birdsnest is filling out. Keep the updates coming!

Wow Adam - it's been awhile since I viewed your thread and I can't believe how well your SPS are doing. They look GREAT! Hey, I see you purchased some zoas/palys - couldn't wait for me - huh? Let me know where you got a good deal since I'm shopping for some as well.

Everything looks so good in your tank and I love the way that birdsnest is filling out. Keep the updates coming!

Thanks for stopping by Karen. Yeah, the SPS have really taken off in the tank and have grown since those last set of pictures. I just finished moving the Birdsnest up a little higher in the tank since it was losing some of its glow and vibrant color. I think it will be happy in the new spot along with the Green Slimer.

Blaze89 has a thread going with the zoas/palys that I got. I didn't mean to leave you out....just wasn't sure if you were interested in zoas or not. I know you have been focusing mainly on SPS. Also, since you have shared so much with your tank, I thought I would get these, grow them out, and make you some frags.

Looking great Adam.

Im still thinking about a mp20 in my tank... Maybe after I get some cash back from all these frags! I hope my PM grows quick so I can shoot you down a frag. Just think cheap shipping!

-D

Looking great Adam.

Im still thinking about a mp20 in my tank... Maybe after I get some cash back from all these frags! I hope my PM grows quick so I can shoot you down a frag. Just think cheap shipping!

-D

Thanks for stopping by Dave. I hope your PM grows quickly as well as your other frags. I hope I can share the wealth with my frags as well. I may be picking up a Hawkins echinata next week. Not sure though.

Well after a royally sh*tty day at work, at least I can look forward to some new corals tomorrow. Having them shipped to my office since I"m in training all day. I might just have to tear open the box and take a look at them halfway through the day :)

Pics to come tomorrow night or Wednesday. Oh yeah, although work was rotten today, I count my blessings that I still have a job in this day and age.

Well if it wasn't for bad luck, I guess I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Package with the frags is somewhere between Maryland and here but of course UPS doesn't know exactly where. I had the package sent to work instead of home since I wasn't going to be here to sign. The seller is tracking it down for me now.

I guess you can't trust any of the carriers anymore....I thought USPS was bad but at least they delivered things albeit late.

Sorry Adam. UPS is the only one I use!

Check my thread out and see what I have now. I should be able to get some frags in 2-3 months for you!

-D

Sorry Adam. UPS is the only one I use!

Check my thread out and see what I have now. I should be able to get some frags in 2-3 months for you!

-D

Yeah, I've never had any issues with UPS before. I can tell you exactly what Brown can do for me :slap:

At least the guy I bought them from is a stand up guy so far and told me he will either replace the frags or refund me the money. Honestly, I just really wanted the frags....hopefully if they come tomorrow they aren't a shriveled mess.

Still no dice on the package....still shows that it was picked up in Maryland and that is it.

I could have driven up there and back by now.

Adam,

Not calling BS but if he is from MD and the package is still MD does it say billing info received? If so the package hasnt been shipped but a label has been made....

-Dave

I thought the same thing Dave but it shows that Billing was received and a Pickup Scan was made at 5:25 PM on Monday.

And then there is nothing after that. He said that the lovely folks in brown told him that he couldn't file a complaint until this morning. We'll see what happens but I have a sneaking suspicion the frags are going to be mush by the time I get them.

Oh well....at least he seems to be willing to replace them.

Package still didn't come today either. He is going to reship on Monday...time for more waiting.

I'm going to take some pics tomorrow as things are still growing really well.

Should be getting my Z's and P's today. Package has left West Columbia, which is an 1 1/2 hour away, and on it's way here. :happydance:

Checked out the thread and things look great! Your pictures are really bright and the colors on those pieces looks great. Those caps will take off on you so watch them, LOL. Feel free to smash them at will. Worked for me. I've been checking out the vortechs myself and have seen good things from them. Same with the T-5's. I'll have to see what happens come Wed. when the new lights get here. Things are looking good, keep it up.

Bill

Checked out the thread and things look great! Your pictures are really bright and the colors on those pieces looks great. Those caps will take off on you so watch them, LOL. Feel free to smash them at will. Worked for me. I've been checking out the vortechs myself and have seen good things from them. Same with the T-5's. I'll have to see what happens come Wed. when the new lights get here. Things are looking good, keep it up.

Bill

Thanks for stopping by the thread Bill. Yeah, the Caps are definitely starting to run rampant but I LOVE IT. The orange cap is starting to shelf out already and it looks really cool. Can't wait for it to start filling in the left side of my tank. I do forsee me breaking off some pieces to keep them in check.

I ended up getting the Nucs, PDs, Tubs, and Armor of God in the mail today. The Nuc is so far the only one that has opened but that was to be expected since the water in the bag was a little cold and the seller said that these were fresh cuts. The Tubs and Nucs were the only ones that stayed attached to the frag discs so I had to do a little gluing this afternoon. They are all now happy and glued down and at the bottom of the tank.

Hopefully they will be open tomorrow and I can grab some pics. These are the first corals in my tank that are non-SPS...guess I've been all consumed by the colored sticks lately :)

-Adam

Sorry for the lack of pictures lately. Been slammed at work and the new frags are still in "hiding." The original frags that got lost in the mail were 2-3 weeks old and had settled in already after fragging. The replacements were freshly cut and mounted and then shipped. I think the stress from fragging, shipping, re-gluing to the frag plugs has thoroughly p*ssed them off. The freebies were the only thing that has opened thus far. The Nuc Green is kind of doubled over on itself but not looking too bad. The Tubbs look like they want to open as well as the PDs.

Keeping my fingers crossed on them that they will be open when I get home this afternoon.

In all, the seller has been stellar through the whole thing. He gets back to me immediately with any questions and has been more than gracious replacing the frags that never showed up.

Hopefully I will have some pictures tomorrow.

Archived