Top Shelf Aquatics

Whats for dinner?

arwndsh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody seen the Hell Plate or whatever it's called like BRIGHT red with orange mouth and green tentacles? Last I saw one it went for $500 damn I want but my checkbook would KILL ME.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Oooo thats amazing. It really makes me miss all of mine. I might have to hunt out some new ones when I get the tank stuff situated. (Dont' ask what happened long story)

And yes I know I'm bumping an old thread. Its mine and I can do it if I want to. :P

• 7 months later...

My orange plate and an old staghorn shell

003.jpg

My baby plates that spawned off an old dead plate coral that had been in my tank over a year! There are four total! Anyone know how long it takes until they break away from the old plate?

002.jpg

001.jpg

• 10 months later...
Cheapreef27

My plate is about the size of a dime, and i feed it a little bit of mysis every other day or so. it is my new favorite coral. Not bad for 10 bucks.just wondering though, at what rate should i expect the growth to be at?

It's all going to depend on calcium and alkalinity levels. Feeding it will help, but if the other parameters aren't in check, it's not going to do much good.

I'm a sucker for plates. I have 4 now. One was about the size of a Reeses cup when I got it over a year ago, and is now about 6" across. I'd say I'd post some pictures, but I have a horrible track record with pictures :)

@ Lalani: those are nice.

I've been wanting a plate, but don't feel I have enough room on my sand bed. But I do have a lithophyllon, which is a colonial, encrusting fungiid:

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived