SaltCritters.com

55 Gallon Vlamingii Tang Reef

AcroporaLokani

AcroporaLokani
Keep breaking the rules and proving us who know right! Love it Lokani keep it up!

Thanks, I will keep it up with more fish/corals/anemones I'm not "supposed" to have.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, I will keep it up with more fish/corals/anemones I'm not "supposed" to have.

wow i love the tank:D and the scape

i guess you inspired me on this and the tang thread, im going to get either a kole or convict in my tank after summer.

i also have been reading about keeping SPS under my compact t5s, and i think ill try it, rather than limit myself to soft and lps

and earlier when you mentioned greater polyp extension under t5 that may be from the coral trying to capture more food from the water column, im not sure tho i havent kept them before

keep up the good work, how long have u had the tang for btw?

I set this tank up after my biocube 29 gallon leaked, I have to say I am much happier with this tank than with In the next few weeks I want to get a kenya tree coral and a toad stool leather and possibly a friend for the tang.

Do you want some baby Kenya Trees for free? I lit my old ones on fire and they are already growing back. Just pay shipping. Both are about 3/4 of an inch.

AcroporaLokani
Get more light son!

I don't need them, Contrary to common belief corals and anemones don't need the $1000 lighting system to live, grow and prosper.I would like to get two 400 watt halides but I would rather spend the $1000 on live stock for my tank. I will have probably 70% soft corals 15% LPS and 5% SPS so its just not worth it to me to get the lights.

wow i love the tank:D and the scape

i guess you inspired me on this and the tang thread, im going to get either a kole or convict in my tank after summer.

i also have been reading about keeping SPS under my compact t5s, and i think ill try it, rather than limit myself to soft and lps

and earlier when you mentioned greater polyp extension under t5 that may be from the coral trying to capture more food from the water column, im not sure tho i havent kept them before

keep up the good work, how long have u had the tang for btw?

Thanks! I would recommend the kole tang (Just make sure it is eating at the store) They are less active than convict tangs are. I had one and he was just the sweetest fish, Unfortunately two clown fish killed him, He was best friends with an old goby I had and it was sad because when I pulled the tang out of the tank the goby tried to protect the tang (As it did from the clowns but was not fast enought). Very sad, make sure not to mix kole tangs with clown fish.

If you want't keep SPS under T5 make sure they are high up in the tank (No deeper than five inches below the lights), Also I would recommend a montipora capricornis frag for your first SPS (They are hearty as anything and cheap).

It is possible that the SPS would be trying to capture food (The sand bed was stirred when the tank was moved) but the polyps have had consistent polyp extension and it is way better than under the old MH (Maybe the bulb for the MH needed to be replaced not to sure). But it was very odd to me that SPS would have better polyp extension under a lesser ammount of light (Technically more wattage but as I have never argued MH is better than T5).

I have had my tang for about three years. I got him form a fish store and when I got him he had lateral line and I fixed that right up by keeping him fat on dried seaweed.

Do you want some baby Kenya Trees for free? I lit my old ones on fire and they are already growing back. Just pay shipping. Both are about 3/4 of an inch.

Wow thanks for the offer but I already planned a trip to my favorite fish store that sells them and keeps them in stock at all times (That will also give my tank a bit of time to mature). But thank you very much for the offer it is much appreciated.

Tank updates with pictures tomorrow after I do my twenty gallon water change, Algae is in full bloom for some reason ammonia is zero, nitrite is zero and nitrate is zero,. (I think the RO water I get form walmart is making the algae sprout). Hopefully the water change will make the stuff go away.

Tank updates with pictures tomorrow after I do my twenty gallon water change, Algae is in full bloom for some reason ammonia is zero, nitrite is zero and nitrate is zero,. (I think the RO water I get form walmart is making the algae sprout). Hopefully the water change will make the stuff go away.

I look forward to the update. Maybe phosphates are behind the algae growth, or lower pH?

And I hear ya about waiting for the camera you have your heart set on, but a nicer quick cheap point and shoot would keep us happy in the mean time. I just bought the cannon SX110 and it is outstanding for a point and shoot. It has some nice dslr qualities and macro from 1 centimeter.

AcroporaLokani
I look forward to the update. Maybe phosphates are behind the algae growth, or lower pH?

And I hear ya about waiting for the camera you have your heart set on, but a nicer quick cheap point and shoot would keep us happy in the mean time. I just bought the cannon SX110 and it is outstanding for a point and shoot. It has some nice dslr qualities and macro from 1 centimeter.

My P.H. is at 8.3 so I don't think its that, possibly phosphates. I was thinking it could be the base rock dead worms or pods still tucked away inside the rock now just rotting giving off the "food" for the algae (But maybe not since all my levels are good).

I actually went to bestbuy to look at the camera I want but they don't sell it any more.... I'll just have to keep my camera for now. But thanks for the tip on the cannon I'll look in to them.

Tank Update, When I was doing the water change I tried to scrub all the algae off the rocks with a tooth brush. I also cleaned the back of the tank. You can still see some algae but its better than before.

fts121008tr1.jpg

halffts121008xo6.jpg

My P.H. is at 8.3 so I don't think its that, possibly phosphates. I was thinking it could be the base rock dead worms or pods still tucked away inside the rock now just rotting giving off the "food" for the algae (But maybe not since all my levels are good).

I actually went to bestbuy to look at the camera I want but they don't sell it any more.... I'll just have to keep my camera for now. But thanks for the tip on the cannon I'll look in to them.

Tank Update, When I was doing the water change I tried to scrub all the algae off the rocks with a tooth brush. I also cleaned the back of the tank. You can still see some algae but its better than before.

fts121008tr1.jpg

halffts121008xo6.jpg

your levels may be good, but ther is a possibility that the algae has locked the nutrient, or that it can survive in levels below the scope of a reef test kit.

back to the earlier discussion, the polyp extension of SPS under lower than MH lights may not be a good thing, i can understand how it can be viewed as such, but there is a term that describes giving emotion to non human things, forget the name of it buttttt, that may be the case here, where polyp extension is considered as good yet may be bad, ie. corals not getting food from photosynthesis so they need to capture more, etc. but im no expert just a thought

and about the tang, i went to the lfs today to get some vitamin liquid and got sweet talked(the fact that im slightly impulsive dosent help) into getting a orange shoulder tang, Acanthurus olivaceus, hes 5inches for my 75(measures 4ft by 2ft footprint wise), i kinda regret it but its such a nice fish, really has a personality and im kinda reluctant to return it to the LFS, but it might be too big for my setup, ive read online that it gets from 9 inches on one site where the minimum sized tank is 55 to 14 inches where its 135, but i guess my tank falls somewhere between and the aquascape gives it loads of free room to play around in, im going to keep him and see how it goes, if worst comes to worst ill either give him up or get together some money and upgrade, but i think my parents would kill me if i even asked

AcroporaLokani
From the photos, I cannot tell if you have a sump. It does not look like it. Do you run chaeto? Could help with nutrient problem.

No I do not have a sump, I would love to have one but I am to chicken to drill a glass tank this large. I had a nice clump of chaeto but my tang ate it (I didn't think he would since the chaeto was like a Brillo pad but he did in about twelve hours). I just have all my water pumps and heater in one corner of the tank and I use an optical illusion to hid the heater (The silicone seams of the tank are black and so is the heater so I just press it in to the corner and you can barely notice it) so that's probably what makes my tank look like it has a sump.

looks so clean!

Thanks, I cleaned the tank for a good two hours.

your levels may be good, but ther is a possibility that the algae has locked the nutrient, or that it can survive in levels below the scope of a reef test kit.

Yea, I think the rocks are slowly releasing all the crap from the dried out worms and bugs in the rock from before it was dried. I have just the regular seachem test kits nothing fancy but they seem to work very well compared to the regular dip strips test kit. I was salifer test kits but they are always sold out....

back to the earlier discussion, the polyp extension of SPS under lower than MH lights may not be a good thing, i can understand how it can be viewed as such, but there is a term that describes giving emotion to non human things, forget the name of it buttttt, that may be the case here, where polyp extension is considered as good yet may be bad, ie. corals not getting food from photosynthesis so they need to capture more, etc. but im no expert just a thought

I think it is called hyper extension (not sure but it sounds familiar). I have heard of mushrooms doing this but never SPS, From what I have read (And experienced my self) is that SPS will have greater polyp extension when it is in better water, living conditions and light. It could be that I got good bulbs for my T5 and just used the regular factory MH bulb for the 70 watt MT they were under (Not sayingT5 is better than MH but the T5 bulbs may be better that the bulb of the MH I had).

SPS corals rely more on photosynthesis than from capturing food from the water (But they can eat from the water column).

and about the tang, i went to the lfs today to get some vitamin liquid and got sweet talked(the fact that im slightly impulsive dosent help) into getting a orange shoulder tang, Acanthurus olivaceus, hes 5inches for my 75(measures 4ft by 2ft footprint wise), i kinda regret it but its such a nice fish, really has a personality and im kinda reluctant to return it to the LFS, but it might be too big for my setup, ive read online that it gets from 9 inches on one site where the minimum sized tank is 55 to 14 inches where its 135, but i guess my tank falls somewhere between and the aquascape gives it loads of free room to play around in, im going to keep him and see how it goes, if worst comes to worst ill either give him up or get together some money and upgrade, but i think my parents would kill me if i even asked

NICE! Orange shoulder tangs are one of my favorites (Behind vlamingii and naso tangs of course). Basically how you can avoid impulsive buying is to read up on every type of fish/coral/invert you would ever be interested in, Then you're mind is ready to remember anything you need to know about the cool animal at the fish store.

Tangs have wonderful personalities, My tang has more personality than my pit bull/lab mix does! When the tang bets bigger you may need a larger tank for him/her (But it may take a few years, Ive never had a tang from the Acanthurus sub-species). Orange shoulder tangs get to be one foot two inches but may not get to be that big (Not all fish get to be the size they say on the website depending on different factors such as if the fishes parents had desirable body types and size or if the fish is male or female but I would say it is safe to assume your tang will be one foot in length when it is done growing) Your tank will be fine for a few years as I said but probably a one hundred and twenty five gallon would be best (Or a tank with a six foot span).

Make sure to feed it lots of dried seaweed (A variety of red, green and purple is the best). Your tang will get ill if it does not have enough nutrition. And with bigger fish you MUST watch the water quality (A skimmer is a good thing to have for larger fish).

And a bigger tank is nothing in this hobby :lol:.

No I do not have a sump, I would love to have one but I am to chicken to drill a glass tank this large. I had a nice clump of chaeto but my tang ate it (I didn't think he would since the chaeto was like a Brillo pad but he did in about twelve hours). I just have all my water pumps and heater in one corner of the tank and I use an optical illusion to hid the heater (The silicone seams of the tank are black and so is the heater so I just press it in to the corner and you can barely notice it) so that's probably what makes my tank look like it has a sump.

Thanks, I cleaned the tank for a good two hours.

Yea, I think the rocks are slowly releasing all the crap from the dried out worms and bugs in the rock from before it was dried. I have just the regular seachem test kits nothing fancy but they seem to work very well compared to the regular dip strips test kit. I was salifer test kits but they are always sold out....

I think it is called hyper extension (not sure but it sounds familiar). I have heard of mushrooms doing this but never SPS, From what I have read (And experienced my self) is that SPS will have greater polyp extension when it is in better water, living conditions and light. It could be that I got good bulbs for my T5 and just used the regular factory MH bulb for the 70 watt MT they were under (Not sayingT5 is better than MH but the T5 bulbs may be better that the bulb of the MH I had).

SPS corals rely more on photosynthesis than from capturing food from the water (But they can eat from the water column).

NICE! Orange shoulder tangs are one of my favorites (Behind vlamingii and naso tangs of course). Basically how you can avoid impulsive buying is to read up on every type of fish/coral/invert you would ever be interested in, Then you're mind is ready to remember anything you need to know about the cool animal at the fish store.

Tangs have wonderful personalities, My tang has more personality than my pit bull/lab mix does! When the tang bets bigger you may need a larger tank for him/her (But it may take a few years, Ive never had a tang from the Acanthurus sub-species). Orange shoulder tangs get to be one foot two inches but may not get to be that big (Not all fish get to be the size they say on the website depending on different factors such as if the fishes parents had desirable body types and size or if the fish is male or female but I would say it is safe to assume your tang will be one foot in length when it is done growing) Your tank will be fine for a few years as I said but probably a one hundred and twenty five gallon would be best (Or a tank with a six foot span).

Make sure to feed it lots of dried seaweed (A variety of red, green and purple is the best). Your tang will get ill if it does not have enough nutrition. And with bigger fish you MUST watch the water quality (A skimmer is a good thing to have for larger fish).

And a bigger tank is nothing in this hobby :lol:.

yea i spent the last week or so reading most of the fish profiles of fish i would want on live aquaria and marine centre, and i remembered marine centre said a 55g minimum would be fine for this, but when i came home i saw bob fenner describing it as a 14inch potential fish and i think it would be cruel to keep it in my tank, im considering taking it back on sunday, as it also has gas bubble disease from improper netting at the LFS on the right eye.

argh lol

i also think i saw a juvy kole tang there i wasnt sure at the time but after reasearch i think it is...so ill swap this out for that if its there or either a powder blue or hippo tang

yea i spent the last week or so reading most of the fish profiles of fish i would want on live aquaria and marine centre, and i remembered marine centre said a 55g minimum would be fine for this, but when i came home i saw bob fenner describing it as a 14inch potential fish and i think it would be cruel to keep it in my tank, im considering taking it back on sunday, as it also has gas bubble disease from improper netting at the LFS on the right eye.

argh lol

i also think i saw a juvy kole tang there i wasnt sure at the time but after reasearch i think it is...so ill swap this out for that if its there or either a powder blue or hippo tang

new installation lol sorry to jack ur thread but atm ur my tang go to guy

the orangeshoulder had a swelling in the eye, not popeye but there was a gas bubble trapped, i think it was net damage, i took it back to get treated while im on vac and decided rather than get attached to this and not be able to meet its swim requirements, ill trade it in, and took a juvenile kole tang, its about 3 inch and still a peachy colour, browner than the juvenile orangeshoulders though. its waiting at the LFS for me to pick it up jan 3rd when im back from vac, unless i see a convict or something

Again I never said this was my tangs final home,

Can you explain why you're keeping this tang in a 55? I just don't understand keeping it there any longer if there is a larger tank in the works.

Im not going to tell you can't keep it,

but IMO a tang that large in a 55 just looks ridiculous

I hope you get that 240 set up because a large tang in that will look bad ass

AcroporaLokani

argh lol

A kole tang would be very cool, Just make sure it is eating at the fish store. I had one once and it did not eat for over a week until it ate some brine shrimp.

new installation lol sorry to jack ur thread but atm ur my tang go to guy

the orangeshoulder had a swelling in the eye, not popeye but there was a gas bubble trapped, i think it was net damage, i took it back to get treated while im on vac and decided rather than get attached to this and not be able to meet its swim requirements, ill trade it in, and took a juvenile kole tang, its about 3 inch and still a peachy colour, browner than the juvenile orangeshoulders though. its waiting at the LFS for me to pick it up jan 3rd when im back from vac, unless i see a convict or something

Sorry to hear about the orange shoulder tang, I have never had that problem with tangs so I'm not to sure how to treat him/her. Net damage is possible, You can avoid that is you use a plastic bag to catch the fish.

I would say keep the kole tang rather than try for a convict tang, Convict tangs require TONS of swimming room.

Hey instead of drilling your tank for a sump, why not get a nice clean overflow?

I was thinking about that but I was worried about flooding. My home is powered by solar power and wind power, They both charge up batteries that power my home through an inverter and if the batteries go dead then the power in the house goes out (Only for a few minutes until I get the back up generator going) but I was worried that a hang on back overflow box would take to much water out and flood the sump in the few minutes it takes to fire up the generator.

And the smell from spilled salt water is not my favorite :lol:

I generally am a big fan of your stuff- but that tang just looks uncomfortable. :(

And I'm not even one to usually adhere to "the rules".

Thanks, But the tang is comfortable and it was never my plan on even having him in this tank but that is how it worked out for now. I would have setup an 80gal for him but I did not have a stand for it.

And I'm not to sure why he does not look comfortable to you. He has plenty of food, clean water and plenty of swimming room (He's no bigger than my koralia #3 water pump) so I just don't know why he does not look happy to you, He seems to be extremely happy to me.

Good looking tank! I think the tang looks very happy :)

Thanks, He is very happy (And fat on dried seaweed as well).

Can you explain why you're keeping this tang in a 55? I just don't understand keeping it there any longer if there is a larger tank in the works.

That larger tank is not setup (I have not even gotten the tank). And honestly I am not to sure why you feel you are entitled to an explanation. Perhaps you should explain your self entitled attitude?

And if you think I'm trading in my fish (One that I have had for over three years and a tang that would cost $400 to $600 to replace, If I could even find a male this size that is) just to make you happy you are mistaking.

Im not going to tell you can't keep it,

but IMO a tang that large in a 55 just looks ridiculous

I hope you get that 240 set up because a large tang in that will look bad ass

I still have to build my new house and order the tank (And seeing as there is three feet of snow outside and it is -14F in full sun and -28F at night that will have to wait until spring). I actually put one gallon of water outside to see how fast it would take to freeze solid and it took only ten minutes, and one gallon of salt water took thirty minutes to freeze solid.

And its not like my vlamingii is two feet long so I'm not so sure why he looks "ridiculous" in my tank. Even in the pictures you can see he has plenty of room to swim, I've had corals bigger than him in this tank.

A kole tang would be very cool, Just make sure it is eating at the fish store. I had one once and it did not eat for over a week until it ate some brine shrimp.

Sorry to hear about the orange shoulder tang, I have never had that problem with tangs so I'm not to sure how to treat him/her. Net damage is possible, You can avoid that is you use a plastic bag to catch the fish.

I would say keep the kole tang rather than try for a convict tang, Convict tangs require TONS of swimming room.

I was thinking about that but I was worried about flooding. My home is powered by solar power and wind power, They both charge up batteries that power my home through an inverter and if the batteries go dead then the power in the house goes out (Only for a few minutes until I get the back up generator going) but I was worried that a hang on back overflow box would take to much water out and flood the sump in the few minutes it takes to fire up the generator.

And the smell from spilled salt water is not my favorite :lol:

Thanks, But the tang is comfortable and it was never my plan on even having him in this tank but that is how it worked out for now. I would have setup an 80gal for him but I did not have a stand for it.

And I'm not to sure why he does not look comfortable to you. He has plenty of food, clean water and plenty of swimming room (He's no bigger than my koralia #3 water pump) so I just don't know why he does not look happy to you, He seems to be extremely happy to me.

Thanks, He is very happy (And fat on dried seaweed as well).

That larger tank is not setup (I have not even gotten the tank). And honestly I am not to sure why you feel you are entitled to an explanation. Perhaps you should explain your self entitled attitude?

And if you think I'm trading in my fish (One that I have had for over three years and a tang that would cost $400 to $600 to replace, If I could even find a male this size that is) just to make you happy you are mistaking.

I still have to build my new house and order the tank (And seeing as there is three feet of snow outside and it is -14F in full sun and -28F at night that will have to wait until spring). I actually put one gallon of water outside to see how fast it would take to freeze solid and it took only ten minutes, and one gallon of salt water took thirty minutes to freeze solid.

And its not like my vlamingii is two feet long so I'm not so sure why he looks "ridiculous" in my tank. Even in the pictures you can see he has plenty of room to swim, I've had corals bigger than him in this tank.

yea i was thinking the same, it would balance out the colours in the tank too

and i do i used a jug to get him from the acclimation bag to the tank, the LFS uses a net though, but i dont hold it against them they have perfect livestock otherwise, and even have staff that have run large scale public displays.

I could give a retort full of the same ad hominem fallacies you used, but I won't. This is the internet, where nothing physically affects your or my decisions.

The reason I asked is because you recommended to East1 that a 125 gallon, after a few years, is the best tank for an orange-shoulder tang, while you have a 3 year old Naso vlamingii in a 55.

I did not even say anything remotely resembling trading in the tang, so you're arguing with yourself about taking that option.

As hobbyists, we generally do our best to draw a line somewhere in providing an environment that is considered appropriate for the creatures we keep in our tanks.

With my knowledge of how the tangs from that genus act in the wild, and their general swimming patterns, I simply can't say I think a 55G is appropriate. Its just a judgement I've made- I'm merely commenting on the fact that I'm surprised you wouldn't do the same.

The worst part, I think, is the depth of the tank, and how the fish must act to turn around. It just seems like he's cramped for space, thats all.

But, do as you wish. Very few things said on the internet are worth taking with you when you leave the keyboard.

As hobbyists, we generally do our best to draw a line somewhere in providing an environment that is considered appropriate for the creatures we keep in our tanks.

With my knowledge of how the tangs from that genus act in the wild, and their general swimming patterns, I simply can't say I think a 55G is appropriate. Its just a judgement I've made- I'm merely commenting on the fact that I'm surprised you wouldn't do the same.

The worst part, I think, is the depth of the tank, and how the fish must act to turn around. It just seems like he's cramped for space, thats all.

But, do as you wish. Very few things said on the internet are worth taking with you when you leave the keyboard.

+1

I think it looks cramped as well

AcroporaLokani
yea i was thinking the same, it would balance out the colours in the tank too

and i do i used a jug to get him from the acclimation bag to the tank, the LFS uses a net though, but i dont hold it against them they have perfect livestock otherwise, and even have staff that have run large scale public displays.

Yea the kole probably would be the best choice, and when they are full grown they have beautiful striped patterns. That's cool that people at your LFS worked at an actual aquarium.

I could give a retort full of the same ad hominem fallacies you used, but I won't. This is the internet, where nothing physically affects your or my decisions.

The reason I asked is because you recommended to East1 that a 125 gallon, after a few years, is the best tank for an orange-shoulder tang, while you have a 3 year old Naso vlamingii in a 55.

I did not even say anything remotely resembling trading in the tang, so you're arguing with yourself about taking that option.

I never said you would affect my decisions. And "hominem" is misspelled/not a word.

And as I said this tank is not my tangs permanent home so leave me alone, He will have to live in this tank for a few months and then will get a bigger tank. I'm just not so sure why so many people feel like arguing, If you read back to the first page there is a whole post replying to some one else who had a problem with my tang and I explained that he was supposed to be in a 400 gallon tank at the LFS for the few months until I got the bigger tank but the owner got mad at me for buying a $3.99 fish with store credit and threatened to both sell and kill my fish.

And I would recommend a 125 gallon for a full grown orange shoulder tang, I still stand by that but I do not have the room for a huge tank right now (And my power system is not suitable to power a huge tank since my home is powered on solar and wind, Until I get my house build with more solar panels and another windmill or two).

And honestly trading the fish in is where you were heading. And if you don't want me to argue with you don't argue with me, You did not have to post (You did not even have to care since my tang is getting a huge tank in the next few months). And not so sure why you do care.

How am I not doing my best? As I said he is getting a CUSTOM BUILT tank just for him, How many people would spend $980 plus shipping for a tank (Going by a quote, Shipping with have to be on an actual shipping truck not UPS/FedEx and the shipping will be around $500 depending on gas prices) for a fish? Would you? Let alone the filter/skimmer/sump and lighting costs, I am looking at well over three thousand dollars just for a tank for a fish. So how am I not doing my best? This was the largest tank I had a stand for and I don't think it would matter if I had the 240 gallon tank setup I think all of you would still see some problem with my tang or my tank.

And all fish swim more in the wild (Public aquariums keep whales and fish that swim for miles and swim around the world), So honestly going by how a fish acts in the wild all fish are ill suited for fish tanks and all corals as well since some species of corals can and will grow to be larger than a car. So unless you have never kept a fish you are being some what hypocritical.

And he turns around very comfortably and shows no stress or difficulty turning around. And since you have not seen the tank in person how would you know how my fish turns around? And temporary tank means temporary tank, Just in case you missed that part earlier.

And I never said I would take your words nor what anyone else had to say past this thread (You are correct your argumentative words are not worth anything in my mind other than a reply), I don't care if people have a problem with me or my tank or my fish, But I do care if people spam my thread/PM box and continue to bother me, but as for the words I don't care. I honestly could not care less if you all hate me (Not that anyone has said on this thread they hated me but just for a reference) or disagree with me, It does not bother me at all and I actually get a kick out of people wasting any time on this matter. It simply perplexes me as to why anyone would care about a temporary tank for a tang that is going in to a huge expensive tank that will cost more than most peoples car does. Its better for my fish to stay in a 55 gallon for a few months than my fish being dead (As the LFS owner threatened if I did not come and pick up my fish).

+1

I think it looks cramped as well

Oh well kid go back to your alien cartoons (Google search for "Poop cola" came up with some cartoon about an alien and his robot dog so I assume that's where you got your user name from). And if you would have read the thread you would have seen that this tank is only a temporary home for my fish. If my tank bothers you then don't look at my thread/read my posts, its actually simple.

And to all people reading this thread, Again if you do not like my tank/fish/practices you do not have to post nor read the thread. I do not care if you think my fish is ill suited for life in my tank, You're wasting your time if you post/PM telling me you do not agree with my fish being in this tank.

I honestly cannot see a problem with my tang being in this tank for a few months until I get his custom built tank up and running (A tank that will cost over three thousand dollars just for a basic setup, Yes three thousand on a fish tank not intended for corals or anything else other than this tang, well some live rock but I don't think that counts).

-Acro.L

Archived