Pod Your Reef

Nick's BioCube 29(DEAD AND GONE)

nckwrn

How's that CUC doing for you? Are they munchin' away at the greens on the top rock in your tank?

CUC should be here today.

Did you run your light during the initial cycle if so how long?

Just got the light yesterday.

You want to get that prolifera out of there before it makes its way onto all of your rock. Their roots require scrubbing to remove, and in scrubbing you cause a massive die-off, which you don't want.

I am struggling with it in my 40 breeder right now, thank god the zoas overtake it in most cases.

Tank looks grand :)

Thanks for telling me! So if the prolifera gets outta hand I can just get zoas?

I just have to say how amazing the MH looks! It's bright, blue and.......Shimmery! :D

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eggcrate Lights Off

CIMG0079.jpg

Eggcrate Lights On

CIMG0081.jpg

That's how the light is mounted

CIMG0086.jpg

Full Tank Shot

CIMG0082.jpg

In Tank Shot

CIMG0083.jpg

I looked in the tank this morning and somehow a snail stuck itself into a hole in the rock.

CIMG0087.jpg

Zoas

Well, I added my first piece of coral today. It's a purple people eater, or something like that. I forget what Colby called it. I saw a little aiptasia on it so I gave it a real quick FW bath.

Acclimating

CIMG0088.jpg

In Tank

CIMG0089.jpg

CIMG0090.jpg

See it?

CIMG0091.jpg

Yup snail eggs. Tank is moving along. Is you CUC making any headway on the algae?

On the glass, yes. On the rocks, no. The hermits I got were so small they can't even climb the rocks. :huh:

Brain Coral

It was the LFS' 30th birthday so everything was %30 off, got a Koralia 1 and an Open Brain Coral.

Acclimating

CIMG0098.jpg

Here it is!

CIMG0102.jpg

CIMG0100.jpg

CIMG0099.jpg

I think it has 3 heads.

ONLY $27!!?? that is a good price. how big is it? oh and i like the jawfish. get some pics during feeding time

It was originally $39.99. It's about 4 inches long and the mouths are about an inch to an inch and a half wide.

That's what I was thinking, I'll get a picture of the Jawfish when I feed him.

Archived