ReefCleaners.org

Nick's BioCube 29(DEAD AND GONE)

nckwrn

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The opening between Chamber 1 and chamber 2 is already about 2" wide, it doesn't look like the flow is slow or anything.

Open it up. I opened mine up almost all the way (on both my BC29's). This a common easy mod most BC29 owners do.

Aquarium Light Timers

So, today I purchased one of those Coralife Aqualight Digital Timer. I just got it home and tried to program it when I read: "Note: The Day lights Are only on when the Night Lights are off." Basically there are two groups of two outlets, One Group Day, One Group Night. What I figured out is that 1. If you have Actinics you can't have them turn off an hour later than the Day lights and 2. It means that if you tried to put the Actinics on the Night Group and the Day's on the Day Group, the Actinics would be on when the days aren't and Vise-Versa. What I am trying to say is: If you own a BioCube and want automated lighting, YOU NEED TO GET THE DOUBLE ANALOG VERSION, NOT THE DIGITAL. I screwed up and I rather have other people not.

Aquarium Light Timers

So, today I purchased one of those Coralife Aqualight Digital Timer. I just got it home and tried to program it when I read: "Note: The Day lights Are only on when the Night Lights are off." Basically there are two groups of two outlets, One Group Day, One Group Night. What I figured out is that 1. If you have Actinics you can't have them turn off an hour later than the Day lights and 2. It means that if you tried to put the Actinics on the Night Group and the Day's on the Day Group, the Actinics would be on when the days aren't and Vise-Versa. What I am trying to say is: If you own a BioCube and want automated lighting, YOU NEED TO GET THE DOUBLE ANALOG VERSION, NOT THE DIGITAL. I screwed up and I rather have other people not.

This happened to me too. It wasn't that big of a deal because they were only blue lunar lights for me.

It looks like plain rock, kinda looks like they overcured or something. I went to both of my LFS's it's the sam at both.

It's just hard to say. There are so many grades of rock too. If you can get better pics or pics of single pieces I could tell better. I say that $5 a pound is a good price of lr coming from a lfs. That's why I reccomended buying it from local reefers. Sometimes you can get them taking a tank down and the lr will be covered with coraline algae and will be a lot cheaper!

Ok, I'll talk to the guy at my LFS he could probably get some for me.

How long should I leave my Actinics on after the daylights? Should the actinics be on an hour before the daylights and off an hour later than the daylights?

Ok, I'll talk to the guy at my LFS he could probably get some for me.

How long should I leave my Actinics on after the daylights? Should the actinics be on an hour before the daylights and off an hour later than the daylights?

that I'm not sure about because I have t5's. But it sounds ok to me but you might want to wait for someone else to answer that one.

Well, now I have to go all the way to Eureka which is 7 miles away and then 9 miles back to my LFS.

Dude that's far!!! How long does it take to get there? :o

Since no one else is willing to chime in on a few things...

First thing about this hobby, SELF EDUCATION. Take some time and read, read, read. Read people's tank threads. Read all the "Beginner's Stickies". If you are looking for a specific answer to a specific question there is a 99% chance that someone else has already asked it and received an answer. There is a little button on the top of every page that is titled SEARCH. Learn how to use this tool.

The second thing about this hobby is PATIENCE. Everything takes time and in this hobby it take a lot of it. If you rush you will fail. This goes for your questions as well. If you ask a question that is easily answered by using the SEARCH tool then there might be a good chance that no one will jump to type some long winded response. That is why I posted about your "bump". There are hundreds of people with BC29s on this forum so to see another one, especially with just sand in it, is boring. And then for you to be upset that you didn't get any replies is preposterous.

How old are you? I'm going to guess...12. No offense, just a guess.

Archived