Cultivated Reef

Southstar066 New Solana Thread

southstar066

Hey Southstar - the tank is looking great! I'm glad to see you finally started a thread so I can tag along. I have to say that you have posted some of the best pics I've seen so far. Keep them coming and don't forget that updated FTS!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Southstar - the tank is looking great! I'm glad to see you finally started a thread so I can tag along. I have to say that you have posted some of the best pics I've seen so far. Keep them coming and don't forget that updated FTS!!!

Thanks for the kind words, i will be adding FTS pics tomm. along with some other pieces that i havnt shot yet.

I'm not a big fan of Anthias, but that one is awesome, looks like he has a spiked mohawk.

I am a big fan of anthias, mainly because of their pink and orange hues, but this is by fair my favorite one, and one of the only ones suitable for my size tank, plus hes "rare"

here is my dreaded FTS, im terrible at taking them. Also i have a few other shots.

FTS

DSC_0520.jpg

Green/blue bade, pink polyps

DSC_0521.jpg

ORA nathans green milli

DSC_0522.jpg

Cali Tort

DSC_0526.jpg

here are some grow shots of my bonsai,when i was shoting it i noticed I HAVE REDBUGS!!!! dont know what to do

12-23-08

DSC_0065.jpg

01-30-09

DSC_0531.jpg

here are some grow shots of my bonsai,when i was shoting it i noticed I HAVE REDBUGS!!!! dont know what to do

12-23-08

DSC_0065.jpg

01-30-09

DSC_0531.jpg

Fantastic tank, great photos.

Thanks again for the frags. This guy has a great tank everyone!!! Its even better in person.

Thanks, I hope those coral are doing good and cant wait to see growth shots.

Here are some new pieces I picked up at Premium Aquatics over the weekend.

ORA Bellina

DSC_0582.jpg

Tan with lightblue polyps

DSC_0581.jpg

ID?

DSC_0571.jpg

lime green with red/brown poylps

DSC_0590.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update. pick up a few of these online and a few from a local reefer.

Purple Hornets

DSC_0091.jpg

Black with red eye and white skirt zoas

DSC_0090.jpg

ORA Hawkins

DSC_0074.jpg

Icefire echinata

DSC_0086.jpg

Red acan lord

DSC_0077.jpg

Purple and green acan lord

DSC_0082.jpg

Fire acan lord

DSC_0081.jpg

Great Pictures! What type of lens are you using. I am in the market for a macro lens, and I assume that is what you are using on your close-ups. Thank you.

Joe

southstar066
That fire acan is evil looking man, nice.

Thanks, I pick it up from a local reefer, I'm looking for some nice rainbows. Hopefully I can find some at a good price

#####in awesome tank man how much did you pay for the Purple Hornet.:)

I appreciate it, ther purple hornets came from the same local reefer as the acans, he has an amazing set-up and got everything for an amazing price

Great Pictures! What type of lens are you using. I am in the market for a macro lens, and I assume that is what you are using on your close-ups. Thank you.

Joe

Thanks, the camera and lens I'm using is Nikon D60 with the Tamron 100mm macro. Its alot cheaper the the Nikon 100mm macro

southstar066
#####in awesome tank man how much did you pay for the Purple Hornet.:)

I payed $35 a polyp for the PH

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good bud. PM me with who you got all the new stuff from. I wana make another trip to indy and make some trades. Also, Do you have a teal colored Monti cap? Your FTS looked like it, but its hard to tell. If so then i would make ya a trade for a frag of it.

southstar066
Looking good bud. PM me with who you got all the new stuff from. I wana make another trip to indy and make some trades. Also, Do you have a teal colored Monti cap? Your FTS looked like it, but its hard to tell. If so then i would make ya a trade for a frag of it.

Thanks, PM sent

• 4 weeks later...
southstar066
any updates

I will have updates this weekend. The INDMAS frag swap is this weekend, so I should have alot of nice stuff to show

southstar066
Your tank looks great, you have a ton of nice looking coral. Keep posting any new pictures.

Bruce

Thanks, your solana is coming along very nice. Here is a few teaser pics from the swap. more tomorrow. Enjoy

My acan colony

DSC_0030.jpg

Forest Fire Digi

DSC_0026.jpg

Unknown light almost white green acro

DSC_0028.jpg

southstar066
wow i LOVE that forest fire Digi!!!!! I call first dibs on frags!!! haha

Thanks Ross, I will let you know when its ready to be fragged. Here is a pic of the black zoas with white skirt and red mouth. more to come soon.

DSC_0001-2.jpg

Archived