Top Shelf Aquatics

20" and 24" LED fixtures also available

evilc66

After some requests, I will also be building some larger fixtures than the 12" Satellites and retros.

These will be completely new fixtures that I will be building myself, with a low profile of 2.5". They will will have legs and provisions for hanging also. Dimensions will be 24"x8.5"x2.5" for the 24" fixture, and 20"x8.5"x2.5" for the 20" fixture.

Just like the other fixtures, these will have dimming control of the blue and white LEDs, and independant cords for dawn/dusk effects.

Lighting power will be equivalent to or better than a 150W MH, but with infinite color control :)

Pricing will be $500 for the 20" and $550 for the 24", not incuding shipping.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Just to clarify, these are not retro kits, and are complete ready to go fixtures. I will post pictures of the CAD models I have been working on later tonight.

UPDATE

Pictures, kinda...

fixturetop.jpg

fixturebottom.jpg

fixturedetail.jpg

The last picture show the detail for the leg mounts. It will use standard Current USA mounts, and will have a few inches of adjustment to fit the oddball size tanks.

Simple and clean. Two fans in the center will deliver the cooling.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first one won't be finished for a few weeks, but I will post the CAD models later tonight once I get home.

Making these equivalent to a 250W MH is possible, but will probably increase the cost by about 50%. Unless you are planning on putting it over a 24" deep tank, there isn't much need.

think it will be possible to keep the stock hood on the 29BC? say if you took out the lighting & clear plastic cover, and mounted it inside?

This one will be a standalone like a Sunpod. Retros will be coming after the first of the year.

Sprite, you should be able to keep sps at most all depths of an 18" tank with this. You may not be able to keep super high light ones though. I am expecting around 200-250 PAR at the bottom of a BC29 which is almost 18"

I have been talking with some people about doing a 36" unit. I still have to figure out some of the details, but it's looking to be in the $750 range. It will have the same basic design (which I will be posting images of, I promise), just longer, and more LEDs

If there is interest, I can push a little harder on getting it sorted out sooner.

Hi, great to see someone doing something cool. I just some questions. What kind of material will the outer shell be made of and will it come in different color options. Also how are you sealing the unit to keep water moister from forming.

Tagging along. Looking for new lights for my cadlights 22. Can't wait to see the finished result.

Looking good :naughtydance: Can't wait to see the first ones and let you get a reading so I can decide if I need a 20" unit.

Outer shell will be aluminum, and can be any color you like, as long as it's black :)

j/k

I'm going to try and find a good inexpensive source to anodize them, but cost may be a factor. Failing that, it will probably be a good epoxy paint for durability.

I don't have final numbers just yet. SBCaes was going to be one of my guinea pigs, but due to a tank failure, he had to pull out. I also had another person bail due to unforseen financial issues, so I won't have any built up. I'm going to have to get a system set up to get some tests done. Stay tuned for PAR results, but hitting 150W performance won't be an issue.

Archived