Pod Your Reef

Tidal wave!

eklikewhoa

Scored some sweat frags of this LE Macro.

IMG_8001.jpg

You don't happen to know the name of this macro do you? I've got some growing around my tank and I've been wondering what exactly it is....Didn't seem to be hurting anything so I've let it grow...no harm no foul, you know? Tank looks great, I love the diversity you've got, very natural looking! Keep it up!

Thanks!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really nice tank, very cool ideas. Got some more fish pics? You sure have some nice ones!

I will try and take some later.... got some new yellow and black striped damsels that are pretty neat.

Pretty neat setup :)

Thanks!

You don't happen to know the name of this macro do you? I've got some growing around my tank and I've been wondering what exactly it is....Didn't seem to be hurting anything so I've let it grow...no harm no foul, you know? Tank looks great, I love the diversity you've got, very natural looking! Keep it up!

Thanks!

I have no idea what it is... maybe we can get John@reefcleaners.org to help ID it.

If nothing else we could just coin an "XTREME!11!!!!!! RARE" macro name and make a small fortune on ebay :P ! Let me know if you get a name, and keep that tank growing!

Your tank is so Unique! I love the idea of a long macro wavepool. What is you current fish list if you don't mind me asking?

Hmmm... I think I might be getting bashed on for this one... oh well who gives a f...

Mystery wrasse

Potters Leopard wrass

Spotted Mandarin

Pugnose Pipefish

Carribean Blenny

Forktail Blenny

Sunburst Anthias

Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish/Anthias

Bullseye Jawfish

2x Yasha goby w/randalls shrimp

3x clown gobies (gray/black/maroon)

2x ORA Tiger gobies

Eviota red goby

Greenbanded goby

Domino damsel

3 Stripe damsel

4 Stripe damsel

Yellowtail damsel

Bluefin (yellowtop) damsel

3x Yellow & Black damsel

Green Chromis

Lemon damsel

Yellowtail black Chromis

2x Cleaner shrimp

Tiny yellow/brown manthis in the pump section

Want to add a tailspot blenny to the tank soon.

I slowly added all the fish to fuel the macro as it grew but now I am a bit overstocked and nutrients are still undetectable so I have begun dosing bottled nutrients for the macro/fauna.

If nothing else we could just coin an "XTREME!11!!!!!! RARE" macro name and make a small fortune on ebay :P ! Let me know if you get a name, and keep that tank growing!

:lol:

I have named it Super Rare LE Ninja scroll macro.

Seems happy... at least the Lions are no longer in the tank eating them.

I would pick out the smallest damsel I could find everytime I went to the LFS for the Lions and the Angler to eat...now some have grown up.

You have 29 fish in your tank? :blink:

Yep, funny thing is I have some fish that in other's tanks don't eat or live long and in my tank they hit the water surface for food.

Also everyone gets along really well where in tons of other threads I have read crys for help about so and so fish has gone nutso.

Ooops... forgot to add the little angler to the list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More FTS, more video, more everything. This is a really interesting build and need to see more or I might have to escape to drugs...................more please!!!!!!!!

This is the blenny I scored at a LFS, supposedly a carribean blenny and the closest ID I have made is Paraclinus marmoratus (Paraclinus)

IMG_8024.jpg

This blenny might be a paraclinus nigripinnis. AKA blackfin blenny.

This tank is too much! I love everything about it and the video is the shiz...dam I want a waves in my tank lol

Thanks!

More FTS, more video, more everything. This is a really interesting build and need to see more or I might have to escape to drugs...................more please!!!!!!!!

:lol:

I have been toying with my new to me Canon 30D so the vids will be later. Also want to rescape the rock work a bit now that I have a better idea of which of the macro I'd like to keep.

This blenny might be a paraclinus nigripinnis. AKA blackfin blenny.

I seen that name pop up when I was searching but they all look very similar.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, looks awesome with the new scape. Loved the vids on your first post. That angler was having a helluva time trying to hold on. hahaha

Wow, looks awesome with the new scape. Loved the vids on your first post. That angler was having a helluva time trying to hold on. hahaha

Thanks!

The angler was actually chasing the damsel.

Archived