Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Final stocking plans for 20gallon Tall.

themadride

Okay.

20 gallon Tall with 31 pounds of Live rock, live sand, and two 200gph hang on filters (one with traditional filtration and one with cheato)

Black Occelaris Clown

Small Unique Anthias (max 2" length)

McCorskers or Filamented Flasher Wrasse (max 3.5" length)

two small gobies (neon, watchman, or catalina)

OR

a single Jawfish/Blenny

Sooo....what do you guys think of my load?

I think the leopard wrasse and anthias are too big/active for your tank. I'm not sure where you got your info, but firefish are open-water swimmers who are much more active compared to gobies.

The only fish I have in place now is a Black Ocellaris Clown.

My future plans include a pair of small gobies (perhaps neon or engineer)

Also, a larger jawfish or signal goby...something that is a real entertaining.

Finally, I want at least one fish for the higher end of the water column. I would like it to be very colorful to offset the Clown.

Here are the ones I've considered and the reasons why I might not choose them:

* Bluelined Dottyback, Splendid...or Orchid Dottyback. (But I think they are too aggressive)

* One of the Fairy Wrasses....A Leopard Wrasse...or a Possum Wrasse (I'm afraid they may be too large for my 20 gal. Even though I plan to start a larger reef tank in a few months to half a year)

* Sunset Anthia (The anthias seem perhaps a little too easy, common, and uninteresting)

* Firefish (colorfull, but not very active.....to much like my low water column gobies)

I NEED IDEAS!!!! Thanks!

I have a Orchid Dottyback and it is fine. Though I dont think it is what you want. Mine likes to stay in its caves at the bottom of my tank. It very rarely comes out, though it is a beautiful fish.

I think the leopard wrasse and anthias are too big/active for your tank. I'm not sure where you got your info, but firefish are open-water swimmers who are much more active compared to gobies.

I get my information wherever I can :-). At any rate....I wasn't comparing the firefish with the gobies. I was comparing the firefish with other open-water swimmers. I'm okay with my bottom dwellers being inactive...but I am looking for a more active open-water species. I've never seen a firefish whose movement could match his color unfortunately.

At this moment I'm leaning towards a velvet wrasse for the open-water. 3/5inches max size and rated as very peaceful.

Thoughts?

I get my information wherever I can :-). At any rate....I wasn't comparing the firefish with the gobies. I was comparing the firefish with other open-water swimmers. I'm okay with my bottom dwellers being inactive...but I am looking for a more active open-water species. I've never seen a firefish whose movement could match his color unfortunately.

At this moment I'm leaning towards a velvet wrasse for the open-water. 3/5inches max size and rated as very peaceful.

Thoughts?

I have a Red Fire Fish and all he ever does is swim around the higher portion of my tank and is constantly swimming. Not to mention it looks great against my bw false perc. pair.

I have a Red Fire Fish and all he ever does is swim around the higher portion of my tank and is constantly swimming. Not to mention it looks great against my bw false perc. pair.

Do they get much more animated after they acclimate in the home aquarium or something like that? I've never seen one outside of the store and in that setting I've never seen one move more than 2" in any direction.

Yes, my firefish is always at the top part of the tank, where the water flow is strongest. However, he recently got skittish because I rearranged the rocks.

Archived