ReefCleaners.org

? filter for 35 gallon ?

turboclown

does anyone know what are the best filters for a 35 gallon hexagon aquiarium? im not really familiar with anything that is not a nano.

no, you can make a hang on back filter do the same thing

do you know if there is a thread that someone has posted? thanks

not in particular. But try nano-reef.com/search

You could go with one hang on to house chaeto, use a small light above it. Then another for floss and or chemical media if needed. That will give you a good amount of filtration besides the live rock in your display. Just add some powerhead inside the tank for flow

not in particular. But try nano-reef.com/search

You could go with one hang on to house chaeto, use a small light above it. Then another for floss and or chemical media if needed. That will give you a good amount of filtration besides the live rock in your display. Just add some powerhead inside the tank for flow

that sounds good. the only issue i might run into is that the tank is a 35 gallon hexagon. so hob filter may not work depending on the size. does that mean that im stuck having to get a cannister filter?

Why wouldn't they work, becuase of the hood? If the tank has flat sides a HOB should work.

YOu can run a canister filter, but I would do that last. The problem is that they trap everything, but if you clean then often, it can be done.

Why wouldn't they work, becuase of the hood? If the tank has flat sides a HOB should work.

YOu can run a canister filter, but I would do that last. The problem is that they trap everything, but if you clean then often, it can be done.

i just measured the back side. each panel is 11.5" so your right it should work. i think im going to scrap hood anyways and make my own lexan cover because when i buy the sunpod 250w the stock cover wont work

Most with MH lighting don't put a lid over their tank. It seems like a good idea, but in a reef system it can be bad. It impedes gas exchange, and it traps a lot of heat.

Most with MH lighting don't put a lid over their tank. It seems like a good idea, but in a reef system it can be bad. It impedes gas exchange, and it traps a lot of heat.

with no lid will evaporation be a major issue? i put a glass lid on my biocube 8 but there is a corner that is cut off for wires so it lets air in.

with no lid will evaporation be a major issue? i put a glass lid on my biocube 8 but there is a corner that is cut off for wires so it lets air in.

Archived