Pod Your Reef

29g bio cube. Stock lighting enough to support anemone?

pikemartin

Thanks ill just wait until I get my upgrade to 144 watts soon

Get your self a sunpod and cut right to the chase. You can keep anyting with that.

Also if you are really interested in anems - check out Karen's Rose Anemones

She covers everything you need to know - from the basic requirements and on.

AcroporaLokani

I keep five green bubble tip anemones in my stock biocube ;)

I have also kept them under regular fluorescent lights as well. Anemones aren't as hard to take care of as people want others to think. I started with one and then it multiplied like a weed under the fluorescent lights.

Bubble tip anemones may be easier to take care of than others but if I were you I would go for a bubble tip anemone.

I've got a buddy who has kept an anemone in a stock 14g biocube for almost a year now.

I do know that some are easier to keep than others.

Just sayin'

Get your self a sunpod and cut right to the chase. You can keep anyting with that.

Also if you are really interested in anems - check out Karen's Rose Anemones

She covers everything you need to know - from the basic requirements and on.

No such thing as lighting that is compatible with all species. Ever been to a reef? Notice how tens of meters separate coral species? You can bet that one PAR level won't be your best bet for the other.

What species of anemone? You'll probably be fine with a BTA. I have an S. haddoni that's doubled in size under 36 watts, but it's inches from the bulb, and is fed regularly. All that matters is meeting the species carbon requirements - photosynthesis does most of it, but it's not the only way (and they still need their amino acid requirements met - hence, why they have a mouth).

Archived