Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

40 Red-Leg hermits

speakyourmind

speakyourmind

Hey guys I bought a large clean-up crew yesterday of 20 turbos and 10 red-leg hermit crabs.

Im really impressed with the tiny red-legs. I had a rock covered in cyano and just after one day the rock is 50% clear of the stuff thanks to the hermits.

Im planning on picking up 30 more hermits tommorow for my tank, and i was wondering if this is a bad idea or if it will affect my water quality. So far the tank has 2 chromis, 2 baby clowns, and a colony of common green polyps.

Thanks for the advice!

dahliaheartsyou

HOLY CRAP that is a LOT of turbos, even HALF would be a lot, you will probably have to supplement feeding them...

and NO don't get that many more, they will DEFINITELY fight and eat each other, with that many turbos i would worry about there not being enough food for any more and 60 is A FREAKIN LOT!!!

so i wouldnt get anymore...

=]

Yeah, +1 on the too many CUC critters - you just hired 10 maids to clean a 600ft apartment. You have to make dirt just to keep them all busy.

I would find a new home for about 18 of those turbos, maybe 19 of them, and then re-evaluate the need for additional hermits.

I have 5 nass, 2-3 turbo snails and maybe 5 dwarf hermits in my 33 gallon, I haven't added new cleaners in forever. And this is a mature tank with heavy feedings and lots of live rock.

Archived