Innovative Marine Aquariums

First SW- NanoCube24Dx

tsunami35

TahoeReefer

I have just about the same set-up. Probably about 9 months. I started with the live sand, waited a week or two and added 16lbs of nano live rock (Drs F&S). I felt I didn't have enough LR so ordered more off a trusted eBay site. I let the live rock mature in my tank for like 6 weeks before I added anything. Unfortunately, I ended taking quite a bit out because I thought it was just too much for my pumps to handle.

Everything is stock. I removed the ceramic rings and bio(nano) balls. I added a power head (just like you) have though.

When the skimmer is on, I make sure the water going into the slots behind it is about halfway. If there is too much water in the tank the level is too high and you will notice it isn't taking the crud off the top so well.

I do have some not-so-good algae, but my water is healthy and fish, corals and inverts are all good.

Also, the clear plastic cover tends to get dusty inside. At least mine did. Consider removing it and cleaning the inside on occasion.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, the clear plastic cover tends to get dusty inside. At least mine did. Consider removing it and cleaning the inside on occasion.

Yeah that happens, also when the water level is high the water tends to touch the light cover too, not too big of a deal though..

Like the tank! Nice setup and rock work... Looks like eveything is doing well - did you get the bubble algae under control?

I might have missed it somewhere in the start, but what setup do you have for filtration in the back chambers?

Bubble algae is only in a few spots, hopefully it wont spread, i pull it out when possible.

Chamber 1 is floss and lots of carbon, chamber 2 is chaeto lit from behind, 3 is pump heater purigen and more carbon.

new shrimp, this guy is friendly, sits on your hand when cleaning

P4250170.jpg

P4250167.jpg

P4250169.jpg

One smaller zoa frag is completely gone, another isnt doing well, not sure what happened there. Everything else happy though and finally getting coraline.

Awesome - yeah those cleaner shrimp are friendly... Mine - a little too friendly - likes to "clean" my hand, feels like he's ripping out hairs everytime.

I like your tread! It has tons of pictures and updates!

Could you tell me more about your underwater camera? I might need to get one.

It's looking real good... Keep us posted.

Thanks

nice setup, looking great and like the rock work...try putting the zoas a little higher in the tank(the sick ones) and see what happens.

Its this camera: http://www.plemix.com/camera-olympus-850sw-camera

Although I havnt been using it in the tank lately, i found out that if you use it in saltwater and dont rinse it in freshwater really well afterwards you can mess up the lense, had to send it in to get fixed, so ive been kinda paranoid to do it again. Good camera for the price though.

One of the zoa frags is totally gone, but ill try moving the other one up when I do my water change today.

Thanks for the replies!

• 1 month later...

Some new pics, got a few new corals including candy cane, a new shroom rock, and gsp of a different strain. Coraline is coming in but its mostly of the green type.

P6240040.jpg

P6240033.jpg

P6240034.jpg

P6240036.jpg

P6240038.jpg

P6240039.jpg

P6240042.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
tank is looking good. Looks like that GSP is really starting to take off.

Thanks, yeah its already getting too close to my new Candy Cane, I should have placed it farther away

• 9 months later...

haha i was just reading through this from the beginnig and thought i would say you may want to move the gsp so they dont go too crazy. but then just saw the last couple pics... its definately gives the tank good motion and its a nice color, but you may want to keep that rock somehow isolated from other rocks to keep it from spreading further. what you may also want to try to do is trade that big rock to someone with a big tank

but i like your tank so far. i have the same one

haha i was just reading through this from the beginnig and thought i would say you may want to move the gsp so they dont go too crazy. but then just saw the last couple pics... its definately gives the tank good motion and its a nice color, but you may want to keep that rock somehow isolated from other rocks to keep it from spreading further. what you may also want to try to do is trade that big rock to someone with a big tank

but i like your tank so far. i have the same one

Yea the gsp is crazy but it looks so nice.. im gonna have to move the tank in a few months and ill try to get control of it then

Archived