SaltCritters.com

Group Buy on Pico LED Fixture - (CLOSED)

evilc66

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so far. I had a little bleaching on my other tank, but then again it was 64W over and 8" cube :lol:

DRLenox, thanks for the order.

Any possibility of making a retrofit for a custom catalina 4x13w pc? interested! thanks!

Im on a slight budget lol what can you make for me for about $100 shipped for a 5.5g AGA tank so...16" long...

Any possibility of making a retrofit for a custom catalina 4x13w pc? interested! thanks!

It's possible, but I'm up to my eyeballs right now. I can do a one off, but I'm trying to focus my time on the retros that have had a lot of requests.

Im on a slight budget lol what can you make for me for about $100 shipped for a 5.5g AGA tank so...16" long...

Not much. You won't be able to do an effective LED setup for under $150 for that size tank, and thats even cutting it somewhat close and you DIYing it yourself.

No worries, I am in no hurry to upgrade lighting. It is actually currently a FW planted but I wanted to change it into another reef tank. When you have the time would you be able to tell me what materials would be best for my tank? I would like to do some experimenting with these LEDs that you are using. Can you point me to the ones you are using in these setups, along with all other necessary materials. That is if you dont mind. Thanks! I am really intrigued by LEDs, trust me, I have so many LED things... thanks again.

Sherman, for deeper tanks, you need optics added to the LEDs, not more LEDs. More LEDs are required for more coverage for more surface area.

iMaGin3, keep and eye out in the lighting forum. I am getting close to putting up a write-up that will explain everything you need to know about LEDs in great detail. Been a little busy over the last week so I haven't been able to finish it, but I hope to in the next few days.

You will be hearing from me in a couple weeks! Was gonna ask if you would be willing to retro a BC14 hood but realized that you are a bit swamped and that a 12" Satellite fixture would fit nicely over the tank. Also more air flow over the tank.

The BC14 and similar tanks are on my to-do list, but it may take a few weeks to get to them.

The 12" Satellite will not fit over a BC14. It's a little too short. Unlike the Coralife fixtures, the legs don't extend past the end of the fixture. Your short by about 3". The standard setup on that fixture is also not what I would consider enough light for a tank of that size. Optics would help, but there needs to be more LEDs for a tank like that.

Keep your eyes peeled for BC/NC/AP retros in the not too distant future.

I was thinking of just cutting a piece of acrylic to cover the top of the tank but if ur thinking of doing AIO retros I will just be patient and wait.

Sherman, for deeper tanks, you need optics added to the LEDs, not more LEDs. More LEDs are required for more coverage for more surface area.

if my tank is more than 1 ft. deepbut with optics added.And that will cost how much more

Well, it will depend on if you are getting my 12" kit, or something different. Optics added to the 12" Satellite fixture or retro will add $20 to the cost (so $270 for the fixture, $210 for the retro, plus shipping).

If anyone else wants to get in on the first round of fixtures/retros, speak now. I plan on ordering the first batch of parts next weekend, and probably won't be taking any more orders till the start of the new year (once I get these fixtures built).

Hopefully I will also be adding a few new products to the list once the new year starts, so keep your eyes peeled.

I don't see why I couldn't, but it will be hard for me to test the system if I have to get you different power supplies.

can you make something for a Cadllight 22G fuge..It would be a great addition to my tank and would go with the theme of my PFO Solaris... Just curious

Last call for these. After midnight tonight (Eastern), they group buy will be closed for this round.

I will start another one come the new year.

Archived