Coral Vue Hydros

6gal NC

npkelly

I had a six line before and he ate all the pods that were in the tank. I am not sure but a six line may get to big for 6 gallons. If the LFS can not or will not do a mandarin maybe they will rent a six line. Just a thought

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so i don't have a pic right now, but danny hooked me up with:

• cloverfield monti
  • RPE
  • blue zoas
  • dendro head
  • purple monti (not sure if that's the correct ID) * Given to me as Idaho grape monti.

and probably forgetting something, but i'll post pics asap.

Fixed.

cool debbeach. there's gotta be other fish out there that eat pods. i was thinking of a sixline too because of worms also. and if they eat pods, i can kill two bird with one stone.

Fixed.

thanks man.

Woha! We are talking about a 6-gal tank here. I can see how you crashed your previous tanks. You need to slow down a little. Do not add another fish even temporaily. That could send your nitrates off the chart. Everything your adding is using nutients from the water. You can quickly deplete 6-gallons unless your doing daily water changes or testing and dosing. Concentrate on what you already have before adding more. :)

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just give you my 2-cents worth. I'ts more fun without the crashes. As you and I both know. ;)

Woha! We are talking about a 6-gal tank here. I can see how you crashed your previous tanks. You need to slow down a little. Do not add another fish even temporaily. That could send your nitrates off the chart. Everything your adding is using nutients from the water. You can quickly deplete 6-gallons unless your doing daily water changes or testing and dosing. Concentrate on what you already have before adding more. :)

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just give you my 2-cents worth. I'ts more fun without the crashes. As you and I both know. ;)

thanks OB1. i'll take your advice into consideration. if another fish would be too much. any suggestions on the pods then. i really wanna stop those guys before they take out something else. and i do dose and test...and water change weekly. all my levels are good, with a slight case of nitrates. was told though that there would always be because of the size of the tank.

thanks OB1. i'll take your advice into consideration. if another fish would be too much. any suggestions on the pods then. i really wanna stop those guys before they take out something else.

I'm not sure about pods eating zoas?? Normally pods overpopulate as the tank is balancing itself. They are normally harmless and suppliment your fish. Try to get your nitrates to stay at zero. That will be a tricky balancing act with 2 fish in a 6-gal. Try feeding less without stressing the fish. Also unless your bristle worms are large they are good members of the CUC. Large one can be removed with tweesers. Traps use food as bait which can foul a small tank.

I'm not sure about pods eating zoas?? Normally pods overpopulate as the tank is balancing itself. They are normally harmless and suppliment your fish. Try to get your nitrates to stay at zero. That will be a tricky balancing act with 2 fish in a 6-gal. Try feeding less without stressing the fish. Also unless your bristle worms are large they are good members of the CUC. Large one can be removed with tweesers. Traps use food as bait which can foul a small tank.

cool. pods destroyed my tort though. just assumed they were picking at my zoas too. and do my best with nitrates. i've cut back on feeding to 2-3 times and water changes weekly.

cool. pods destroyed my tort though. just assumed they were picking at my zoas too. and do my best with nitrates. i've cut back on feeding to 2-3 times and water changes weekly.

It is possible that the pods were just eating the dieing parts of the tort. Same with the zoas. Many times the CUC wrongly gets blamed for killing things that were already dead because they feed on the decaying carcas.

It is possible that the pods were just eating the dieing parts of the tort. Same with the zoas. Many times the CUC wrongly gets blamed for killing things that were already dead because they feed on the decaying carcas.

makes since. i figured they weren't called a CUC for nothing...lol. but i put a tort in there about two weeks ago that had encrusted most of the plug it was on. and day by day watched the pods at night surround and eat the encrusted part making their way up. the tort seemed perfectly fine. had it's color and everything.

AcroporaLokani

I think you should feed your fish every day, Fish have a higher metabolism than people because of the fishes small size and lower fat reserves. And usually when some one suggest feeding your fish less than every day I ask "Do you eat every day?" I personally think its cruel to not feed your fish every day, If you nitrate is above 0 then do two water changes weekly instead of staring poor nemo :)

I also think the mandarin would be ok for a week or two and would not crash your tank in that time. And the traps will only foul the water if you leave the bait in the tank not just from an hour or so in the water.

The sixline I am not sure if it will eat bristle worms, I have heard of them eating flat worms but not bristle (they may but I have never heard of it). And all fish can eat pods but I suggested the mandarin as a temporary thing so it could "clean house" and eat all the pods.

Can't wait to see the new corals (Especially the purple cap).

i know i should feed them everyday. i love to eat too...lol. i was just told to feed that way to help keep my nitrates down. they seem fine though, maybe they're eating pods. plus i don't know if i'd have time for two water changes a week. sometimes it's hard enough finding time for one.

The Purp cap has faded in colors a lil but hope it does a lil better in Nic's tank.

yea man, i hope i can get that thing up and running again. i'm gonna get the 14k ushio next week. a little bluer then yours. mine's a stock 20k and isn't as blue. thinkin' that'll do the trick and make ish pop.

Post in the new member's section... I'll reply and you can click my signature.

SN: Reelfishy on SCNRS. Thought of a better name than Fish_chips

does anyone else hate emerald crabs. mine's a major pain in the a$$. he's always fliping ish over if it's not glued down. i wanna get rid of him.

so came back and PE's were dead. everything else is fine though. weird. gonna try and get some pics of the latest stuff. and probably post tomorrow.

i like this tank, your scape is pretty dope too. btw i have a favia frag from DR too, cant beat his prices

yea there was a bit of miss communication, but all worked out in the end. i actually got a piece twice the size then what i paid for. really sweet.

so here's the latest pics. really hard to compete with some of the others on here. someday i'll get a better camera, but the lil digital will have to do for now.

SDC11097.jpg

SDC11096.jpg

SDC11095.jpg

SDC11088.jpg

SDC11083.jpg

SDC11081.jpg

SDC11079.jpg

SDC11077.jpg

Archived