Top Shelf Aquatics

Zebra Turbo Snail

vquinnt

I have a 29 gallon Biocube. About 2 monthes ago I bought a Zebra snail that was less then an inch big. It is now pushing 2 inches and am wondering (in anyones opinion or experience with these snails) if it would be ok to keep this, in such a small tank, especially if i plan on it being a reef tank, and it just continues to grow?

Thanks

I have had mine for about 2 years now in my 24g and it stopped growing after a little bigger than 2 inches. But the ones at the LFS were giant. Maybe around 4 inches or larger. They are very good algae cleaners but will knock over corals and create alot of poop.

Yeah that is mainly what I am must concerned about. When I bought it I didn't expect it to grow like it did, I guess I really didn't think I needed to research the type of turbo snail I bought but I guess thats one thing I've learned now is you need to read up on everything and anything.

Now I want to take it out before there is a potential steamrolling of coral, but know my LFS wont take back inverts (even as donation) and I don't want to just kill it so Im kinda on the one strike on your out mentaility. I just hope its not a major strike.

non-photosynt

The same: in 2.5 yrs it became close to 2", in 90g tank. Downside for me was that it pushes away whatever happens to be on its way.

You can offer it in classifieds for free, or make 2" passages around and between the rock.

Unfortunately, selling livestock is almost impossible, if LFS is not taking them. But giving away worked for me.

Archived