Top Shelf Aquatics

Something strange on glass... help ident..

neo16769

I was looking at my tank today and noticed these weird looking round things on my glass. They look like a spore of some type. It looks like a ball about 1mm around and it has about 10 little filament things about 3mm. I haven't a clue what they are. Currently I have in my tank a gsp, ricordea, candycane, some blue leg hermits, turbo snails, and a yellow watchman goby. Any help would be great. Sorry no pics...

OH MY GOD, GET THEM OUT QUICK!!!! Just kidding, I have somthing that sounds similar to what you have. Mine look like what you're describing when on the glass but they are small jelly fish and they will swim around the tank at times. Not sure if we have the same thing w/o a pic, but I'm sure it's harmless. Maybe someone else can toss in .02....HTH

Hmm, i don't think they're jellyfish because they don't move around at all. I was stupid and cleaned the glass before i took a pic of it, but i'm guessing it will come back again sometime. Anyone have other ideas?

Sounds like hydroids to me but this is a very visual hobby. A description of something in a reef tank could be 100 different things in reality. Unless you post a pic, it's going to be stabs in the dark really.

Archived