Pod Your Reef

Ando's 29g. Since October 08'

Ando

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it can be made like an external ice probe mini chiller...it will be better explained when I get some pics of what I am doing...not sure when I'm going to start though...maybe this weekend if I can find the parts in town..

When you get your nova extreme pro make sure you post pic's, I was humming and hawing between the two, I like both of the lights. It was hard to pick between the two. Can you keep the same coral as you can with the MH of the sunpod with the Nova?

From what I have herd you can keep the same corals under T5's as MH.. As long as each bulb has its own reflector. And they are cheaper to run, the bulbs are not as hot because it does not concentrate on one are such as MH bulbs. That's why T5's are cooler.

From the ups shipping it says my light should be here monday!

What did you use on your top? It looks pretty thick 1"?

Top of what? My tank stand?

I just used about a quarter inch piece of ply wood then framed around it.

those from coral conn's small tank on the counter? they look good!

ya i gave up on the diy chiller...i guess when i get my income tax check i'll get a nano chiller then do a 150hqi in the hood...i just want the stock look...

Keep us posted on that light Ando! Sorry I have not been able to get pictures up yet, I will try doing it today!! Everything is looking good!

Rathje70

My clown fish have been doing great! They always follow each other around.. really cool to watch them.

My new nova extreme pro is doing awesome as well! I noticed a huge difference in lighting which looks soo much better now, and the heat from the lights does not affect the temperature at all.

I think tomorrow I will pick up some more corals from the lfs.

DSCN2019.jpg

DSCN2021.jpg

I made a wall out off egg crate so the fish don't jump into the back chambers

DSCN2031.jpg

DSCN2031.jpg

Man, I love that new light, it's a nice rich blue colour. Keep me in the loop about the coral growth. Maybe I’ll see if I can do a trade with someone, I really like the colour. Does it have moon lights for night?.....I'm happy to hear about your fish.

FYI When your doing maintenance on your tank, try hard not to lean or put any weight on top of your light. My light has the same side arms, and I must have leaned on it somewhat, because the grove in the arms that holds the light in place broke, so I had to glue it in place with reef safe glue. It’s doing the job for now, but I don’t really trust it that much, I’m going to try and order a new side arm.

no moon lights on it. But I may take the ones out of my old biocube top and use them some how.

I went to the lfs today and got a green birds nest and a blue millepora. I will post pics tomorrow when my lights are on.

also I made a top out of acrylic so the fish do not jump out and start carpet surfing (even though I have tile lol)

nosey- thats a bummer about your light. I usually just push mine towards the back so it's not in the way.

Well im bored so here are some pics. Still need to get some pics of the clown fish's.

The acrylic top I made

DSCN2061.jpg

New Green Birdsnest

DSCN2058.jpg

new blue millepora

DSCN2053.jpg

Rics under actinics

DSCN2047.jpg

better shot of the zoa's (radioactive green)

DSCN2054.jpg

FTS

DSCN2051.jpg

Archived