Cultivated Reef

Ando's 29g. Since October 08'

Ando

that looks like it will work great!

What's the k (kelvin) rating on the bulb?

The bulb is 6500k, I got the bulb at Lowes. I was in the process of building a DIY light, but then came across this one. Maybe a couple of bucks more, but worth it to me.

Bob

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Called Drs. Fosters today and now they have to contact Oceanic for a new ballast?

and i was looking at in my middle chamber and my cheato seems to be growing like CRAZY! It has tripled in size. Should I trim it to about the size of my fist?

Called Drs. Fosters today and now they have to contact Oceanic for a new ballast?

I've had to call them a few times once my pump just died. They were very helpful and quick with their response.... Great service you could always try calling them yourself.

Alright well I wanted to make a cabinet for my fish tank my old one sits down to low..

The new cabinet will be 35"tall and 22" X 22".

Here are some pics of it so far. I will finish up tomorrow and post the finish of it!

All I need to do now is put a top piece on, corner molding, put doors on, and paint it!

DSC_1843.jpg

DSC_1855.jpg

OH my new ballast came from oceanic! She works once again!

Nice stand Ando, How did you get your tank on it :P

I had to take out all of the water and rock..

Then I lifted it on to the new stand. It was very fun! lol

• 2 weeks later...

kd's has 6line for 15 bucks...thats where i got mine on 11/23...still doing good...he has small cleaner shrimp for 15 as well...picked out any other fish yet?

Got back from NY today and went to the LFS and got some corals from a gift card I had from xmas!

This ric has about 2 or 3 heads I can't tell and it looks like it is about to split

DSCN1946.jpg

I think these zoas are called Bahama Mama?

DSCN1951.jpg

kd's has 6line for 15 bucks...thats where i got mine on 11/23...still doing good...he has small cleaner shrimp for 15 as well...picked out any other fish yet?

dang sounds like a deal..

I think I'm going to get a watchman goby and a clown.

Coral Connections.. They just had a sale last week 30%off all corals and i missed out! i wasn't in town! I was bummed! But the guy gave me the zoas for $8.

I ordered the Nova Extreme Pro T5 lighting for my tank last night! Should arrive on Wed I hope..

I am also thinking of getting a sea urchin to get rid of my algae.

Is this algae both hair algae?

alage.jpg

Looks like a type of hair algae...not sure what will eat that kind..maybe an emerald crab?...

Big money ando ordered a light...lol...online or from coral conn?....I did the ghetto 70w hqi retro in my hood..getting good growth on zoos and my sps...I'm going to upgrade to a 150w in the hood in a month I hope...

I hear a urchin will do the trick!

As for the light I got it online. I found it for $234 with free shipping. I was going to go with the 150watt sunpod but I think it will be to hot for my tank. In the summer our house gets about 81 and I think I would have a hard time trying to keep my tank cool and not have a heat stroke. Thats why I went with the T5's.

Do you notice your tank hotter with MH?

yes it did get hotter...it went from a constant 77.5 to 80.4...i only open the back hatch when the lights kick on...loosing more water as well...i have an idea how to cool it...check these out;

http://www.peltech.com/lang-us/prodotti/ge...n/ocean150.html

these units are super expensive...i think i can make my own...it this works i am going to upgrade to a 150w in the stock hood...and try to close the top!..

Archived