Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ando's 29g. Since October 08'

Ando

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made my sig block on photo shop. as far as evaporation I don't notice any difference in evap with the top on it. It was also pretty easy to make... first off I cut it in a square then traced the round part and just cut it.

Nosey I was really tempted on the MH but my tank would prob get so hot.

I got a few corals the other day. 1 brain, some cool looking zoas, and a mushroom. I'll get pics up tomorrow.

I really want to get some Australian Acans! maybe in a few months!

My clown fish have been doing great! They always follow each other around.. really cool to watch them.

My new nova extreme pro is doing awesome as well! I noticed a huge difference in lighting which looks soo much better now, and the heat from the lights does not affect the temperature at all.

I think tomorrow I will pick up some more corals from the lfs.

Cool tank Ando. I think clown fish are fun to watch too. I have a Black Ocellaris and just added a common collored (orange) Ocellaris to my tank last night. I'm hoping to get them to pair up, so I made sure that my orange was somewhat larger than my black when I picked it out. So far so good as they haven't been more than a few inches aparts since I introduced the orange into the tank. It sounds like yours are doing the same.

Here are some new pics. What do you guys think? I really like the pink pallys. I was thinking of getting a skimmer but I'm not sure if I want to spend around 100 to 150 on one.

pink pallys

DSC_2701.jpg

slimmer

DSC_2705.jpg

I think a acro called limeade

DSC_2703.jpg

mushroom

DSC_2706.jpg

FTS

DSC_2708.jpg

I would have to say it depends on what you’re doing. I’ve been a little on the lazy side as of late. I’m doing 15% WC every other week now. I’m still fighting my Dino problem, although 98% of it is gone, I’m still trying to keep the WC down some for another week or so. So I find it necessary, It’s pulling out a lot of brown scum, and that’s what I’m going by. In about another two months my job is going to have me away a lot, so I’m trying to automate as much as I can, the skimmer will come in handy then forsure.

You should be ok if your doing reg water changes, but having said that, I don't think that a skimmer would be over kill in a 29g. Can you ever have too much filtration?

Great tank. I'm glad to hear the Nova Extreme Pro is working out for you. I just ordered one myself. I also heard rumor that Current USA is coming out with more bulb options for the 20" sometime this year.

Great tank. I'm glad to hear the Nova Extreme Pro is working out for you. I just ordered one myself. I also heard rumor that Current USA is coming out with more bulb options for the 20" sometime this year.

I sure HOPE so. :)

Anyone else hear of this?

What would you guys suggest on a skimmer?

-Tunze 9002?

-Sapphire?

any other skimmers?

Or should I not even get one?

I have been debating on wether to get one or not?

I usually do a 5gallon water change one week then the next week a 10gallon water change. So basically 5g one week 10g the next week and switch back and forth..If that makes a difference. lol... or If i'm confusing you.

I would like to hear what you guys think on skimmers?

-Thanks

I have the new sapphire and it works great! Is'nt your 2nd chamber a fuge? if so, your out of luck with the sapphire...it takes up almost your whole second chamber.

I have the new sapphire and it works great! Is'nt your 2nd chamber a fuge? if so, your out of luck with the sapphire...it takes up almost your whole second chamber.

I thought the sapphire was an out of tank skimmer?

Ok so this is about a week of skimming with the Tunze. It's a little on the wet side, but i love it. Ando, come over to the darkside!.........Together we can rule the empire......of skimming....I was just watching Star Wars, my bad!

IMG_4249-1.jpg

Archived