ReefCleaners.org

Test Kits

Reef Chicks

I am looking to buy strontium, magnesium and iodine test kits and was wondering what brand name I should buy. I've been told that Salifert is a good brand, but is it accurate? Any others you guys recommend for those particular tests?

My first question is....why are you testing for these elements? I don't test for any of those but i do use salifert test kits. They are pretty accurate.

Testing and supplementing your Trace Elements is how you get mushrooms to look like those in her signature line.....

Example: You will have a heck of a time getting Superman monti (or anything else) fully as blue as they should be with insufficient Potassium....just as an example....

Testing and supplementing your Trace Elements is how you get mushrooms to look like those in her signature line.....

Hahahahha... you made me spit out my food... LOL. Yes, I supplement those trace elements and I was taking the water to my LFS to get them tested, but now I want to start testing it myself.

I have read that Elos tests are also good, but I have also read that they read in 100ppm increments, whereas Salifert reads in 50ppm or less.

Example: You will have a heck of a time getting Superman monti (or anything else) fully as blue as they should be with insufficient Potassium....just as an example....

I have been keeping sps tanks for 8 years and have never tested for trace elements. Regular water changes will take care of the trace elements. I also have some of the most colorful acro's including blue ones.

guys, no offense, but I didn't ask IF I should be dosing these things or not. I simply asked for a recommendation on brands.

Archived