Innovative Marine Aquariums

Trey's AP24

treygarz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a small update with some pictures! Tank is doing very well. Started adding some montipora and acro's now that I have a light that can handle growing them! I ran into some trouble with the heat in my tank.... being in the south it gets hot quick! So i did a nice little mod and added some fans to the back of the tank. Temp is now at nice 80 degrees :) Any way check out the pics below and let me know what you think!

Fan mod... they fit perfectly in the hinges of the hood!

photo-10.jpg

New Torch frag:

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

Candy Cane Land:

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

Coveted FTS:

IMG_0246.jpg

• 2 months later...

Nothing to new going on here. Just got over a nice little battle with some GHA = yuck! Ended up running some phosphate remover, boosting up my cuc, and adding a nice little sea hare (that little guy is a BEAST!)

Side note: thinking about adding in a skimmer that I may be getting from a friend of mine for freez! I'm looking at adding a sump to house it considering it is to big to fit in the back chambers. I posted the following in the DIY section of NR. Maybe some of you all in here could possibly help me out! And always: THANKS FOR LOOKING!

"In the very near future, I may be coming across a free protein skimmer (friend is upgrading and I may be getting for free!). So it is time to start thinking ahead.... I current have an AP 24 with 150W Sunpod and has been running for some time now. Since this skimmer in no way, shape, or form will fit inside the tank I must add on. As it stands right now, I am completely clueless on how to add a sump into my system.

Some thoughts that I have about doing this: In chamber 1, have a pump into the 10 gallon tank --> 10 gal contains skimmer and a return pump (to keep simple) --> return pump pumps water back into 2nd chamber where my current pump would pump the water back into the display.

I could be completely wrong in my thinking of if that would work or not. Any help on adding this freebie skimmer would be very much appreciated. (I did consider the option of selling it and then buying a nano-skimmer.... but where would be the fun in that?!?!?)

Thanks again for the help in advance!"

nkUnleashed

Tank is looking really nice, man. Sorry to hear about the GHA. I started seeing some this week, but it hasn't come back since Fridays H2O change. I'm hoping I lucked out.

How do you like that 6 line, by the way? I'm thinking that may be my next fish.

I don't have any advice for you regarding the sump. Too much of a newbee. The RSM has an add on outgoing and return line that you can just plug into the rear chamber, so I would use that if I were gonna try a sump. The only issue would be overflow control. Does the AP24 have something like that, or a spot to plumb the tubing?

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I posted any updates of my tank so i figured now would be as good as never. I am almost at the one year mark for my tank wahooo! So picture time!!!!!

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

• 2 months later...

Everything is going well with the tank. Can't complain about it really. How is your tank going? Here is a couple of pics. Got a point and shoot nikon from the gf for christmas!

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0021.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0037-1.jpg

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0040.jpg

DSCN0043.jpg

DSCN0045.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks! with it being winter its not so bad....summer is ridiculous. On the side of my tank I have a mark where I like my water level and every day I just add a little bit to it so that it stays fairly constant. I'll admit that school gets in the way of this a lot. This summer Ill have time to do a nice ato.

Picked up a birds of paradise and what appears to be a jedi mind trick for about $20/ big-ol-frag... i'll post some pics when im not studying micro :/

• 2 weeks later...
how frequent are you cleaning sand and glass?

I clean the glass about 1x - 2x per week, just depends on what it looks like or if i want to get pictures of stuff. As far as the sand goes.... i never touch it

• 6 months later...

Well it has been forever since I last updated anything... so here it goes. I swear the 3 fish in my tank had to be the spawn of satan. The 6 line and green chromis would tag team any new addition thus killing it in about a day or so. I must admit, it was interesting to see the 6-line flash its fins and curl its body as a warning. Then there's the clown fish. That little bugger would bit the living mess out of me the whole time my hand was in the tank. Needless to say, it was time to get rid of these guys. Nets and traps would not work for this purpose. My fish are wise. As soon as the net hits the tank they run to the rocks and never come out. A tear down of the tank was in order...

Tore the tank apart got the fish out and traded them in at my LFS. Below are some pics of the new rock and new fish. I also have managed to pick up an mp10 and tunze nano skimmer!

Random side note: I will be traveling to Germany for 2 weeks starting tomorrow! It is going to be a blast. Will be in Munich for the start of the world biggest party: Oktoberfest!!

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

Picked this frag up for $40. Not a bad price imo.

IMG_0028-1.jpg

Clown goby:

IMG_0037.jpg

High-fin goby:

IMG_0041-1.jpg

Hector goby:

IMG_0042.jpg

Thanks Jacob! Your AP is so incredible! Anything in particular you do for good growth? I just started dosing coralamino (~10 drops/day). I'm starting to see a little better coloration. I've been at it almost a week.

Thanks Jacob! Your AP is so incredible! Anything in particular you do for good growth? I just started dosing coralamino (~10 drops/day). I'm starting to see a little better coloration. I've been at it almost a week.

De nada! Thanks :D! Haha nothing. I feed every 2-3 days, mag clean the glass, and do water changes.

Archived