Cultivated Reef

Trey's AP24

treygarz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok well I don't know if it is because I have placed it in a nice shade area or if it's different food, but the brain is now showing some signs of life! I has swelled (although not a lot but a little) off and on the entire afternoon. Now my next question is after some time will it regain its color? Would it be slow or all varying?

Well when I bleached out my Tyree LE Sunset monti it regained color in a few days, but LPS are different and it probably will take weeks if not months. It will probably get a bit of color in certain places then after awhile regain it everywhere. As in it's not just magically going to get all it's color back in a month, it will slowly regain it bit by bit.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok been a while. So here is a picture intensive update! Enjoy and thanks for looking!!

Crab saying "Hi"

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

Got these zoa's for only $25!

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

More Zoa's

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

Kenya Tree Coral

IMG_1636.jpg

Yellow Polyps:

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

Xenia:

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

Plate Coral:

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

FISH:

Blue & Gold Blenny:

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

Lawnmower Blenny:

IMG_1647.jpg

Wrasse & Clown:

IMG_1649.jpg

FTS:

IMG_1632.jpg

Ok I decided to get rid of my false perc and get a maroon. Only took me about five mins to get the false perc out of the tank which I was surprised about. Funny story: When I went to take him out of the bag after I was finish acclimating him... He wouldn't leave his nem. So I had to move him with him still in the nem. Well here are some pics of the little guy in his new home! Enjoy!

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

Well tonight I finally did what I've been wanting to do for a while now.... change my scape and add a little more rock. I hoping and praying that I didn't start a mini cycle but adding some rock (and yes i added cured live rock). I'll be monitoring all my params religiously for the next couple of days or week. But let me know what you all think of the new scape! And sorry for the pic quality.... did it in a rush. I also got rid of my diamond goby.... replaced him with a yellow watchman. He's so cute and tiny!

Full Tank Shot

IMG_1707.jpg

Left Side View

IMG_1704.jpg

Middle:

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

Looks awesome! I really like that new LR, and the new 'scape. Now you gotta fill that bad boy with some monty and some SPS. It was nice to meet you in the studio this weekend too. :)

A little help here please... I would love to start adding some things with more vibrant colors and some things that branch (i.e. birds nest). With my stock lighting what types of coral should I be looking at?

yeah I already plan on getting a frogspawn on the next trip to the LFS.... but i'm thinking more along the lines of hard, branching coral similar to birds nest...

just picked up a nice Tubastrea (sun coral)! Acclimating now and will get some pics up when I can! Also picked up some a monti cap frag. Pics to come

Here are some fairly decent pics of the sun coral that I got this past weekend! Let me know what you think! Enjoy!

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

Man I'm glad I found your tank. I really, truely love the scape. I don't know why I like it so much, but I do.

Thanks for the comment! I love my rock work as well! Took a little while to get there though!

how much did you pay for the sun coral. im trying to get a good deal on one, just wondering wat other people are paying. there was a frag half that size at my lfs for 100 bucks.

how much did you pay for the sun coral. im trying to get a good deal on one, just wondering wat other people are paying. there was a frag half that size at my lfs for 100 bucks.

I paid $60 for them at my LFS. I think I basically stole it off of them considering what other people have paid for them. Just make sure you keep in mind the amount of time needed to feed them everyday when you first get them! But they are awesome and you'll love them! Now on the other hand my LFS had some dendros that were either $40 or $50 per head. They look similar to sun but more expensive so just double check that they have them labeled right!

Sun Coral looks sweet and so does YWG.

Thanks! The YWG is so much smaller than he appears to be :)

Ok so I'm starting to look at upgrades to my lighting on my AP24.

I think I have it narrowed down to 2 Current lights:

SUndial HQI Pendant 10k

-or-

Sunpod HQI 14K

I like how the Sundial has dual actinics but doesn't have the blue led's as the sunpod. The Sundial has built in timers where the Sunpod doesn't. So I am a little stuck on which I should probably go for. Any help or other suggestions would be great!

Nice ap24, I was thinkin bought upgradin my lightin too. I just did my yearly light bulb change in January. I am intrested to see what you do. Check out my ap thread

Good choice.

Yeah...you'll be happy with it. Performs well, all the LED's and MH's can be timed separately. If you get the 150w, I haven't seen any temperature issues. After I changed out the bulb, my corals are growing like crazy.

• 1 month later...

My Sunpod just got here! And is sitting nicely on top of my tank!!!!! Would it be best to acclimate everything to the light? 1 hr increment each day??

Archived