inTank Media Baskets

My 75 Gallon peninsula tank

MitchReef

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks JKUNZ, I just try to cut acceptable frags....I think I need to cut a few more and post a thread in the Livestock Forum...Happy Corals for all!!!! It will be shipping all over the place time soon....

Here is another cool growth sequence set...

My Chip's Acropora...before:

CIMG0430.jpg

3/14/08

after:

IMG_0778.jpg

2/18/09....

I just love seeing the difference...grow baby, grow....

Well, I'm willing to frag almost anything in there....I just gotta get somebody interested in buying....Frag Packs are illegal here on NR, so I tend to put together "Frag Assemblages"...I could get a few things together whenever you are interested...are you into SPS, LPS, Acros? What's your specialty? Let me know and I can send you a few pictures...Let's do a Frag Assemblage...I kind of use the trade mark Happy Corals...and I'm a good shipper too....

I am part of a small group of local reefers and who decided that if we band together and buy some nice corals TOGETHER, then we can afford things that none of us could afford on our own...and with a little grow out, then we frag them out and all have the item...

We all share in the risk, that if somebody has a crash, or disaster, then we all shoulder the loss together. Well, we made our decision and hooked up with JuicyCorals, our foremost local exotics farm (and close personal friend) and today I started our first grow out....

Tyree LE Peace Coral...it's a beautiful little favia...We have 6 eyes, and two babies, but when it hits 3 full eyes each, we chop it up and distribute it...

Here is our first baby...

IMG_0801a.jpg

That's only about two hours in the tank....nice and fluffy already...

I also chopped a nice frag off the Neon Flashlight Acropora chesterfieldensis...it's at least 9 tips!

IMG_0791.jpg

This one will be joining the Acropora desalwii, and another nice piece on a trip to Michigan and JKUNZ' tank soon....

Here is what I have of my Mother Colony...PLEASE be aware that these were taken only about an hour after it was put back in my tank after 6 hours in a bag and being cut in two!!!

IMG_0792.jpg

I got a nice new pic of my AA Meteor Shower Cyphastrea today...it's looking good now...

IMG_0798.jpg

I am part of a small group of local reefers and who decided that if we band together and buy some nice corals TOGETHER, then we can afford things that none of us could afford on our own...and with a little grow out, then we frag them out and all have the item...

We all share in the risk, that if somebody has a crash, or disaster, then we all shoulder the loss together. Well, we made our decision and hooked up with JuicyCorals, our foremost local exotics farm (and close personal friend) and today I started our first grow out....

Tyree LE Peace Coral...it's a beautiful little favia...We have 6 eyes, and two babies, but when it hits 3 full eyes each, we chop it up and distribute it...

Here is our first baby...

IMG_0801a.jpg

That's only about two hours in the tank....nice and fluffy already...

I also chopped a nice frag off the Neon Flashlight Acropora chesterfieldensis...it's at least 9 tips!

IMG_0791.jpg

This one will be joining the Acropora desalwii, and another nice piece on a trip to Michigan and JKUNZ' tank soon....

Here is what I have of my Mother Colony...PLEASE be aware that these were taken only about an hour after it was put back in my tank after 6 hours in a bag and being cut in two!!!

IMG_0792.jpg

I got a nice new pic of my AA Meteor Shower Cyphastrea today...it's looking good now...

IMG_0798.jpg

Woohoo!!! Looks awesome! As always, cannot wait for the goodies!

-Jon

Ya know, these three frags just have a great variety of colors...I love the shades here...

IMG_0823.jpg

I am getting some growth from my Mike Paletta Blue encrusting Montipora...check out the way it's "oozing" out away from the original frag.....

IMG_0816.jpg

Oh yeah, sorry about that picture, I just didn't get the focus quite right. One of these days I need to build my photo shelf....

My Tri-Color Acropora valida is doing nicely....this is the one that was 3 sweet long branches and 2 1/2 inches tall until I dropped a rock on it!!!!

IMG_0811.jpg

Last, but not least...here is another attempt to capture the true look of my Rainbow Montipora....I just can't seem to ever get a good picture of this one....

IMG_0810.jpg

lets see an FTS

I will have to see what I can do...This is a peninsular 75 display, so a FTS effectively covers over 9 feet of viewing area, so I will probably have to do a few area shots, but I will see what I can put together this evening...

Nice frags as always mitch and you were right i have been studying like a mad man this semester blows. My tri color is starting to grow nicely too! Funny they both are growing at the same time. Just keep me posted of what you have frags of from time to time that way if i'm in the market i can get them form you!

I use the Phoenix bulb and 2 39W Geieseman Actinic Plus T5HO's...I have a 250W MH over the high demand corals and a 150W over the low light area...you really don't notice the difference unless youa re aware of it to begin with....

And my Ballast is an old second hand POS....I really want a good ballast, but have no means just now....

Okay Nanobuds....

It took a few days, but I finally got a FTS....sort of....Like I said, the tank is a Peninsula setup, and my camera is a P&S, but here they are, this is a walk around of the tank....

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

Please excuse the water clarity...my ATO took the day off and my return pump was blowing shave cream bubbles when I got home tonight....

Thanks a million....I just do the best I can and things seem to grow well in my humble little reef...

As I finished taking those pictures I noticed a very important frag up under the main rockwork...right where it cannot be reached...I screwed my rock-scape up getting the frag...so, stuff is shuffled around some, but it looks good again, just different....That seems to happen just when I get things the way I like!!!

What? You changed it?

I demand new FTS!!! :P

Nice work... I love it... I bet that rainnbow monti is awesome in person. I just got some green monti with blue polyps and I can't get a decent pic of it either.

The tissue is nice and blue and the old growth polyps are okay, mostly gold, but the new growth polyps are absolutely glow in the dark neon red and orange...it's amazing looking....

Okay, so I got really tired of how one of my Acroporae was growing...The big ole towering yellow A millepora....

IMG_0856.jpg

Up there on top toward the right...yeah, that's the one....

Well, I guess I just reached in an lopped 2 full inches off the top...Here is the frag....

IMG_0871.jpg

Here is the colony now....

IMG_0875.jpg

And BTW...I shot another try at the Rainbow...this one got pretty close to grabbing the colors...but the blue of the tissue is richer than this shows...

IMG_0873.jpg

The focus is my issue, I'm trying for manual focus, but just haven't grapped it exactly right yet...

Please be aware that the yellow A millepora is MAJOR pissed off in those pictures, it was like 8 minutes from the wire cutters....

Archived