Top Shelf Aquatics

My 75 Gallon peninsula tank

MitchReef

A couple of hours have gone by now, since I put the BGM in my tank, it has puffed up some and is getting Happy....here's a shot to show the difference....

IMG_0373.jpg

(if you didn't notice, I actually cleaned the glass this time!!!)

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks a lot folks...I just try to do justice by the creatures....they work hard to be so amazing, I just hope to showcase them adequately....

A couple of hours have gone by now, since I put the BGM in my tank, it has puffed up some and is getting Happy....here's a shot to show the difference....

IMG_0373.jpg

(if you didn't notice, I actually cleaned the glass this time!!!)

Yes!!! You got the BGM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just add a frag to my tab....I'll wait the six months. :D

Tank looks awesome as always Mitch! Thanks for the heads up about the newbie, now I'm the one that's jealous! Once my 135 is operational, it'll be perfect time for me to get a lil chunk of that guy and your other new stuff.

I know there is very little difference in this little frag over the past few days, but I gotta show what I was told to watch...I think it's getting a second eye....the little bright green "daisy" looking area just below and right of the eye is what my guy said will be a second eye...probably within a couple of weeks...

This was just snapped a few minutes ago...the edges are flaring out nice too....

IMG_0396.jpg

A friend came by tonight with a little swap item...I traded a couple little frags of some sweet acros for a nice little encrusted frag of a really neat new Chalice...Not any kind of bubblegum-watermelon-alien-swampgas-monster or anything...I don't think....But I will be interested to see what it grows and colors into....

IMG_0447.jpg

Enjoy,

Mitch

Is that the BGM list? It may be a few months for it to bust out but I really will let people know when I frag it, if y'all want me to.....I know that JKUNZ is totally serious, so I truly consider the first frag sold to him...we have done a few transactions, and he makes it clear that he loves my "Happy Corals"....I would be happy to send some your way too...I don't have a lot of stuff fragged now, but I have a couple of things if you want to know what's ready I will send you a PM....Just let me know....

Mitch

Oh, and speaking of the BGM...I fed it a mysis shrimp last night and today when I was looking at it (with my HIGH POWER magnifying glass) I am SURE it is getting a baby....It's that same spot, below and to the right of the eye that is there...see what y'all think....

IMG_0437a.jpg

yes i meant your BGM list and i am serious i can wait that not a problem.i would rather wait for a frag from you then buy it online.you seam to be a very nice and generous reefer and i would rather give you the money then some online business.but if you don't want to i well unstained.

Absolutely mnherper....you are formally on the list....as soon as this thing takes off a little I will see what kind of frag pack....I mean frag assortment we can get together (no frag packs allowed here on N-R) we can get together and make this thing happen...or, of course, if you just want the BGM that will be able to happen too.... :D:D:D grow....grow....grow.....

I only came back the way I did because I AM willing to "wait list" folks who are serious...with pleasure....but just want to make sure before I get a huge list together and find out people are tire kickers....

And....thanks a million for your kind words....

I'm still waiting to find out an ID on my new chalice too...it puffed up nicely after just it's first night in the tank...here;s yesterday's pic:

IMG_0451.jpg

Mitch,

Terrific tank.

I have been staring at the BGM on the cover of Reef Hobbyist Magazine for the last few weeks. It is a stunning coral.

Could I be placed on the list for yours?

I would really appreciate it.

thanks

You're there...I got JKUNZ, MnHerper and Jasong...Now I just need the little freak to get busy growing!!! And, Hey, Jason, where are you located? It's not on your profile....

So anyway, Anybody know what that red chalice is called...other than Echinopora sp. I already know that part....

thank you for putting me on the list. and a frag assortment would be great.check out my 75g and tell me if there something you like maybe we can swap frag or something[when ever you are ready].

No real change, just wanted to snap a few random coral pics tonight....

Starting to grow vertical

IMG_0463.jpg

Both heads splitting

IMG_0464.jpg

Mike Palleta Blue almost fully healed over the original tile cut

IMG_0469.jpg

My Pinks are about my healthiest zoas...in the shade...

IMG_0472.jpg

Random area shot...I count 17 different corals

IMG_0473.jpg

ORA Blue mille grabbing the adjacent rock

IMG_0476.jpg

The big one was a hitchhiker on some free LR

IMG_0482.jpg

My Rainbow has some sweet polyp colors

IMG_0488.jpg

Another area shot...I only count 12 different corals on this one

IMG_0496.jpg

Actinic shot of JKUNZ's Blasto frag

IMG_0501.jpg

I have somewhere around 80 or 85 different coral varieties in my 75....

Enjoy,

Mitch

I want you to put me on the list brother I really do, but you know Cash rules everything around me. So I will drool from a distance. If you want I can join your Mantra though. Grow Grow Grow lol.

Love your tank as always Mitch

Archived