Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 75 Gallon peninsula tank

MitchReef

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Scoot....I am just blown away with the progress of Happy Corals in my tank....I guess there IS something to that consistency thing..... :D

As for the pictures, I give full credit to my little Canon SX100is...it's a Point and Shoot, but gets some amazing pictures....I also shoot a LOT of pictures...I got the camera last year for Christmas and have taken 1925 shots with it now....I shoot them all handheld, but many will say practice makes perfect.....I just hope I don't wear the camera out!

I'm not sure what substrate you are talking about....not the fuzz turf I hope....those are all still on the frag rack....I gotta get some stuff mounted on the rocks soon.....Pretty much all of the out of focus background is acroporae....I love the sticks.....

levitationDrew

Hey Mitch. Awesome tank thread. I've learned a lot from it. I live in Orlando as well. And I've got a spare box of nitrile gloves for you if you want them.

What part of town are you in? I'm in Winter Springs....love to have you over some time....What kinds of corals are you set up for?

I could prolly scare up a frag for just about any tank!

Our club had the final Frag Auction of the year tonight and I didn't have any money to spend on the auction, but I didn't come home empty handed. I did a couple of swaps and also made out in the raffle.....more on the raffle in a minute....I did a swap for a piece of my Rose Mille and got a nifty Cadlights fuge light that will end up on my Frag System when I set it up, and a frag of an un-specified Fiji Acropora....Here it is....

IMG_1925.jpg

Let's give it a couple weeks in Quarentine, then see what it will turn into in the tank of Happy Corals!!!!

Now, for a little more fun...The Raffle....My club has rally nice raffle items at the monthly meetings, some months even nicer than others...well, this was one of those nicer than other months...The raffles are done in the form of putting your tickets in seperate containers for each item you want to try for....the first thing I won was a two gallon set of my favorite Two-Part supplement...the second item I won....well...it was what made this month's raffle a little nicer....

IMG_1928.jpg

I now have a Nano Tank....Unfortunately, as has been discussed on several other threads throughout NR, the lighting on these setups is really only good for fish tanks, so this one will remain a fish tank, allowing for a dedicated Ocellaris FOWLR tank, as I don't have money to take on the mods needed for this to be a reef....

Another great swap item that I brought home was a 20 Long, that will become my Frag Tank...so, to have no money for bidding on corals, I must say I came home with lots of goodies!!!!

Scooter...I just saw it....brain damage, no other excuse...replied...

Weetie, I just had to nab your thread title....I've always loved that one...

I'm really excited about that little tank....My little girl wants to put a pair lf baby Clownfish in it, and I may indulge her...just some white sand, a couple small pieces of LR and a couple of little Ocellaris'...a friend in the club raises them and sells to club members for $5 each....

Can't wait to see how that Fiji acro is going to turn out ;)

When I get this new tank nice and stable we're going to have to work out some trades! :bowdown:

Absolutely...I look forward to it....I just love getting new corals....The only problem is that I am fast running out of room!!!!

levitationDrew

Hey Mitch.

I live just south of downtown Orlando. I have a 20 high with 96 watts of t5 above it. I am trying to keep it on the simple side of setup. I have about 25 pounds of live rock and an ac70 with some cheato and chemi-pure in it. It would be awesome to see your setup. I'll pm you with my info.

Sounds like a plan...I am mostly available only on weekends, as I am currently employe as a Slave....I work hideous long and unpredictable hours...but that's Okay...I'm salaried, so I don't get overtime either!!!! :o

So, here's the new frag after about 12 hours, allowing for initial Polyp Extension.....

IMG_1931.jpg

The Mother Colony is Baby Blue, with Purple tips and long polyps....Can't wait to see it fill put and color up....Bear in mind, this is in the QT, under crappy lighting, so it will be a couple weeks before I start the process....

We decided to go a different route with the Edge and set it up Freshwater, so I will not start a thread here for it....I will prolly pop up an occasional pic of it, but my Bride wanted to go that route with one tank....

This project will be pretty much my Bride's...I know nothing about Freshwater, as a matter of fact, I seem to kill every freshwater fish that I try to keep....I've even managed to kill off 2 Pleco's and I understand they are virtually impervious to the universe....

She has done the FW thing before and is going to be in charge on the project....

Pacience young one......you must wait for those that are special....

I realized that when I ship I'm going to have to float that Acropora desalwii from a styrofoam block, and it's going to have to be in a 7" diameter bag....to keep it from possibly breaking against the sides....Shipping is going to be a ##### on this one....But some of them will go okay into little bags....

Pacience young one......you must wait for those that are special....

I realized that when I ship I'm going to have to float that Acropora desalwii from a styrofoam block, and it's going to have to be in a 7" diameter bag....to keep it from possibly breaking against the sides....Shipping is going to be a ##### on this one....But some of them will go okay into little bags....

Oh boy....maybe I should just drive down and pick'em up! Good excuse to come to the warmth anyway!

I'm up for that...we have an extra room, at least until Winter Break from FSU.....and what is it, just like 18 hours each way :mellow: ....you are young :D

I'm up for that...we have an extra room, at least until Winter Break from FSU.....and what is it, just like 18 hours each way :mellow: ....you are young :D

Closer to 20 hours, but what's the difference? I only do one round trip a year, might as well make it two!

Okay, now after spending a week in quaratine, going through super-magnified inspection and passing with flying colors I have placed my new Un-named Fiji Acropora onto the sandbed to start acclimating....I will be interested to see how well this one colors up, as the Mother Colony was a real nice Baby Blue with deep purple tips and polyps....

IMG_2009.jpg

After several months watching a couple of bubbles of Valonia growing on a rock, I decided to pull it out and get rid of the bubbles...I took the rock to the kitchen sink and had a pitcher of RO/DI water standing by to rinse with...well, the bupples were actually attached to a bit of micro-rubble stuck in a nook of the rock, so I was able to just pluck it off without popping it....

IMG_2005.jpg

Like I said, I've been watching it grow for a while now....

IMG_2006.jpg

Check out that coraline growth!!!!

I want to put up another pic of my ORA Hawkins Blue Acropora echinata....

IMG_2003.jpg

It continues to color up nicely....23 days in my tank.....

Archived