Cultivated Reef

what first mods for a Aquapod 24 gallon?

hipertec

Hi, I just got a new AP 24 gallon and before I start to stock this tank, what is the neccessary mods to do first?

I see that a good idea to replace the stock pump with a MJ900...or should I just a MJ1200?

Any other ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The stock pump replacement is really up to you, but as far as the GPH :: heat added to your tank, the 900 seems like a better option. Really depends on who you ask. Lose the bioballs/blue filters, and replace them with your favorite filter media that doesn't become a nitrate sponge in a few days. There are tons of modifications you can do to this tank, search out H20's AP24 thread, he has picture-by-picture steps that are great to follow if you get confused.

Good luck!

become a nitrate sponge in a few days.

filter media tends to trap crap and work against you by basically pumping nitrates into your tank which = no good.

Search the forums. There are way too many mods that can be done to list them all. The best way to find out is to read peoples tank setup thread in the Members Aquariums section and the All In One Tanks section.

• 13 years later...