inTank Media Baskets

Any suggestions for improvements on my BC14?

blizzardscout2

Should I keep the sponge in there? I already removed it, but it didnt look like it ever got dirty. I have started vacuuming out the back chambers during WC's.

Reese

It is up to you. Personally I keep the sponges in because it stops sand and cheato from getting into my return pump. Rinse them out with every water change, and replace them every few weeks if you decide to keep them.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I was going through the picture's of your coral and i noticed an unknown name on it, thought I could help out if someone didn't already, its a fox coral.

Nick, ~KitchenerKid~

• 1 month later...
blizzardscout2

Wow it has been awhile, time sure does fly when you are busy. I will have to get some new pics up soon.

Reese

blizzardscout2

I am having trouble uploading photos, so they will have to wait. I added two Sexy Shrimps, a Clown Shrimp Goby, new zoas, Red Electric Mushrooms, and I added about 5 lbs of Live Rock. Pics coming soon...

Sexy Shrimp

IMG_1646.jpg

Palys

IMG_1637-1.jpg

New Zoas

IMG_1639-1.jpg

Citron Goby

IMG_1666-1.jpg

Red Mushroom

IMG_1667.jpg

Reese

Pretty things! Your fish is actually a Yellow Clown Goby. The Citron Goby looks quite different. He's a cutie :) Did you name him?

blizzardscout2

Okay, so I like that my tank is progressing, but I want to improve the aquascape. It looks like the way the aquascape is I can not do much to the middle of the aquascape because of the overhanging upper corals. I would like to do some pruning and gluing of my frogspawn frags since they take up a lot of room with a lot of skeletal structure. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks!

Reese

Any suggestions anyone? Thanks!

Tank Upgrade. If you didn't want to upgrade you could make a bunch of frags and sell them off and buy new stuff. Think of it as pruning back the overgrowth so new stuff has room to grow.

If I were you I would only keep 3 heads of frogspawn and sell the rest. It really takes up a lot of room and is rather aggressive for such a small tank.

blizzardscout2
Tank Upgrade. If you didn't want to upgrade you could make a bunch of frags and sell them off and buy new stuff. Think of it as pruning back the overgrowth so new stuff has room to grow.

If I were you I would only keep 3 heads of frogspawn and sell the rest. It really takes up a lot of room and is rather aggressive for such a small tank.

I am going to wait to upgrade until I am better at this, plus I need to buy a house first. I was actually thinking of starting a Pico tank in the near future on my desk. But you know that is probably the best course of action, I agree that it is hard to do anything else in the back because of frogspawn. I will try that, thanks.

Reese

Archived