Cultivated Reef

28g JBJ HQI Club....

MarvinsReef

ReefAddix, thanks for the input on the clam. Also, glad I could help in your start up. It tells you a lot about fellow reefers how easy we are to help each other. That is what is so kewl about this hobby is so many people try and help!

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey people can you tell me what pump you use for a JBJ ATO. I finally got a small tank and stand to put top off water in and need to hook up ATO. I have two of the stock pumps that came with the tank but I think that would be too much :-)

I use a mini jet 606. I have my resevoir 1 foot off the floor(had to or the pump was to weak). It just has enough power to push the water up into the tank.

Well I ordered a pump have to wait for it to get here. I have read that some people with the JBJ 28G had to turn the wavemaker off for the JBJ ATO. Is this true??? Why?

Now I am hearing from other forums that the JBJ ATO works great with the JBJ 28g with the wavemaker on and that they have had no problems with it.

Any more feedback from anyone who has an ATO hooked up and the wavemaker?

short video of the Vortech in the tank... it's dialed in to the lowest on short pulse mode... the pulses are turned on about 1/4... man, this thing can move some water... :)

th_10-29-08_V1.jpg

hey guys im new to this reef thing and i've been reading up on the jbj 28g i want to get one and put a sump in for a refugium is it possible to drill a hole on the bottom in the back...

hey guys im new to this reef thing and i've been reading up on the jbj 28g i want to get one and put a sump in for a refugium is it possible to drill a hole on the bottom in the back...

Hi kirby... sorry for the delayed response... but in my set up, I'm using the Med size AquaFuge... it house the Tunze Nano skimmer and also has some chaeto in there atm... it's nice to have the extra space in the back so I don't have to worry about jamming the skimmer in the back chambers... my back chambers are used for the Tunze Osmolater for top off and the intake and return for the JBJ chiller... hope this helps... :)

Thanks...

btw... here's a few more vids... :)

another vid of the Vortech MP40...

th_10-31-08V1.jpg

fishies enjoying their exercise....

th_10-31-08V2.jpg

Ciao!!!

th_10-31-08V3.jpg

lemme know what you guys think... :)

im busting into this club with a 24 gallon jbj cube, with 28 gallon 150 w hqi modded hood with 2x 18 w actinics with nanotuners ballast.

first chamber floss, purigen, phosban. second chamber chaeto, stock pump, 2x korilian nanos.

Now I am hearing from other forums that the JBJ ATO works great with the JBJ 28g with the wavemaker on and that they have had no problems with it.

Any more feedback from anyone who has an ATO hooked up and the wavemaker?

have you looked at the Tunze Osmolator?

great thread!!! just got my 28gal hqi. ups delivered it literally 10minutes ago. i have got some really great ideas from all of you. your tanks are awesome. hope mine will look 1/2 as good. i'll post some time line set up pics as soon as i can

Updated FTS. Got a better camera still messing with it. Atleast it is a better picture then the last one i posted. :D

DSC_0004.jpg

:o

Amazing.

Updated FTS. Got a better camera still messing with it. Atleast it is a better picture then the last one i posted. :D

DSC_0004.jpg

Man...that is an awesome view!!!

ok...finally got tank up and going.

30lbs live rock

20lbs live sand

2 koralia nano pumps

everything still stock...but plan to do the following upgrades:

actinic retro from nano-tuners

fan upgrade from nano-tuners

azoo cooling fan

fuge in center overflow w/cheato

maxi-jet 900's to replace stock return pumps

any input is greatly appreciated.

here are some pics

hope you like... B)

post-39930-1226252214_thumb.jpg

post-39930-1226252224_thumb.jpg

post-39930-1226252230_thumb.jpg

NancyPichette
who else runs this set up? what mods have you done already... a quick profile and some pics of your tank would be cool also.. :)

here's mine...

Tank: 28g JBJ w/ NanoTuners upgrade

Lighting: 150w MH DE (20k Radium bulb); (2) 18w PC actinics; (4) Moonlights

Skimmer: Tunze Nano DOC 9002

Fuge: AquaFuge Medium size w/ chaeto

Controller: Neptune AC JR

Top Off: Tunze Osmolator

Chiller: JBJ 1/15 HP

Birthday: 09-09-08

Latest FTS: 09-11-08

09-011-08_FTS_800.jpg

09-011-08_FTS1_800.jpg

09-011-08_FTS2_800.jpg

JJ, looks good and welcome! Now the waiting begins :-)

thanks tarheel

...your tank is so awesome. Simple but very elegant! I asked you a question on one of your older threads so i'll ask again here, what kind of material did you use to make your cheato basket?? also...did the azoo fan really stabalize your temp's?? my tank is running about 78.4° in the morning but when the mh turns on @ 12:00pm and shuts off @ 6:00pm the temp shoots up to 82.4° with house temp @ a constant 76° to 77°. hope i don't have to get a chiller.

thanks tarheel

...your tank is so awesome. Simple but very elegant! I asked you a question on one of your older threads so i'll ask again here, what kind of material did you use to make your cheato basket?? also...did the azoo fan really stabalize your temp's?? my tank is running about 78.4° in the morning but when the mh turns on @ 12:00pm and shuts off @ 6:00pm the temp shoots up to 82.4° with house temp @ a constant 76° to 77°. hope i don't have to get a chiller.

Azoo fan does the job on my tank without any issues whatsoever. I use the two fan Azoo it fits perfect and is set to come on when the MH comes on.

Material for basket came from Hobby Lobby just a couple sheets of craft material. It is plastic with small squares in it. Cost about .49 cent a sheet. Used some small zip ties to make the basket. Cut basket size by using the center basket that comes with the tank as an outline. Very easy and cheap fuge that has worked miracles on my tank. Will probably have to throw some chaeto away this week when I do my water change. I was having issue with hair algae and a little cyno. Now things are looking great.

Hope this helps!

I love this hobby!! (more like money pit) Two days into it and already i have noticed an abundance of life within the live rock. I'll post some pics later. On the 1st night I found a starfish with only three legs about 3/32" in dia. Then today, I found a purple and green mushroomon one of the rocks...not to mention the countless tube worms a some of the LR. I had a 40gal reef tank years ago w/mostly shrooms and a host anemone for some true percs. once I had my 1st kid...i let it go to crap because i was too busy. It's now a maitnence free fresh water tank. I am so happy to finally have a reef tank again. :):)

Archived