Cultivated Reef

28g JBJ HQI Club....

MarvinsReef

munity,

Nice to have you here :welcome:

I think you will really like your tank...the HQI lighting allows you the opportunity to grow corals you should think about taking advantage of that!

Allen

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey thetiler heres a pick of what my hood looks like. I got this from nanotuners.com and thats also were you can find the kit to do it too. http://www.nanotuners.com/product_info.php...products_id=435.

I also got some new coral added to the tank. You guys should check it out and let me know what you think.

And when I was using my stock skimmer I just went to petsmart and got their ceramic airstones and I think they worked better than the wooden ones.

Is this the one your talking about? Link To Airstone Does that fit?

then the upgrade wont do much at all!

im confused

mj 1200 is only 295 gph

Probably why I was not happy with the results. I guess if I was to do it again I would just get the koralias.

Hey ballerina for some reason my internet is not wanting to work and is being slow, so I cant open up the link you posted. But if the air stone is white with either blue or black plastic on the ends then thats one and they have several different sizes. They should only be like $1.50

Woo Hoo!!! I just ordered my JBJ from Nanotuners, I'm officially in the club! :)

They have a damn good deal going on right now don't they?

Hey ballerina for some reason my internet is not wanting to work and is being slow, so I cant open up the link you posted. But if the air stone is white with either blue or black plastic on the ends then thats one and they have several different sizes. They should only be like $1.50

i went and they did have them however it was like $5. meh, better than the $10+shipping from online. I did find a two pack at my LFS for $7 but I had already bought the limestone ones from petsmart

I think I need to order another koralia 1 cause have an area that needs some good flow!

have you looked at the Vortech pumps? I'm planning on putting either the MP20 or the MP40 in my 28g... I've seen some of the YouTube video's and seems like both pumps will work just fine since you can tune them down... I'm opting for the MP40 just in case I upgrade later on... :)

Hey guys, can you reccommend a heater for this tank? I was looking at the Marineland Stealth 100W, rated up to 45G. I liked the idea of shatterproof and auto shut-off. Guess I'm looking for thermometer suggestions too.

Can't believe I missed this thread. Great place to exchange ideas of what does and doesn't work. Looking forward to a hearty exchange.

Lighting: Stock

Skimmer: Removed and replaced with chaeto

Fuge: Have chaeto in the heater chamber with a pond light

Flow - The wave maker that came with tank cease to work - running both returns full up.

Added an additional koralian nano

Top Off: JBJ ATO

Chiller: JBJ Nano Artica

FTS as of October 11

post-37366-1224947354_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, can you reccommend a heater for this tank? I was looking at the Marineland Stealth 100W, rated up to 45G. I liked the idea of shatterproof and auto shut-off. Guess I'm looking for thermometer suggestions too.

Based on my experience - Unless the room where your tank is drops to the low 50s at night, a heater will never kick on. Even with the room in the mid 60s at night, my chiller still kicks on. (maintaining a temp range of 76 to 77F.

Can't believe I missed this thread. Great place to exchange ideas of what does and doesn't work. Looking forward to a hearty exchange.

Adicus, I love the tank photo for two reasons 1) beautiful rock work 2) I can see how you have attached your frags. I'm just starting my first tank and I've been wondering about this. What product do you use? Do you have frags stuck to the back wall? if so, that's brilliant!

Based on my experience - Unless the room where your tank is drops to the low 50s at night, a heater will never kick on. Even with the room in the mid 60s at night, my chiller still kicks on. (maintaining a temp range of 76 to 77F.

basement rec-room in Maine... brrrr. In summer the temp in the room has never broken 70F, and we heat it to 65F in the winter. I'm mostly concerned about the days we lose power. My intention is to have a backup power source for the critical equipment.

I am using a ViaAqua 100w titanium tube heater. Got it from Dr. Fosters site. Works great!

Adicus, I love the tank photo for two reasons 1) beautiful rock work 2) I can see how you have attached your frags. I'm just starting my first tank and I've been wondering about this. What product do you use? Do you have frags stuck to the back wall? if so, that's brilliant!

Mutiny - There's a great thread here for attaching your frags

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=148730

I use the products listed there. As for the Green Star Polyps on the back, peel them off the rock they are attached to (I used a single edge razor blade) apply the Loctite 409 super glue to the back of them and press them to the back of the tank for about 10 seconds. (you might want to scrape the back of the tank to remove any algae before you install them)

hi everyone... we just started our tank a couple of months ago and have been following everyone's advice and opinions on how to set this thing up. it's been an awesome experience so far and just wanted to say thanks to everyone who takes the time to share their tips and spread the knowledgepost-39718-1225059675_thumb.jpg.

Lighting: Stock + nanocustoms 2.18 pc upgrade kit

Skimmer: debating on adding a tunze 9002 and HOB fuge

Fuge: Have chaeto in the center chamber and LR at the bottom

Top Off: Premium aquatics ATO deluxe kit, plus some DIY

Chiller: none

I've got a full thread about the tank thus far linked in my sig

hi everyone... we just started our tank a couple of months ago and have been following everyone's advice and opinions on how to set this thing up. it's been an awesome experience so far and just wanted to say thanks to everyone who takes the time to share their tips and spread the knowledgepost-39718-1225059675_thumb.jpg.

Tank is looking good. How long has the clam been in there? How does he seem to be doing? That is my next purchase :-)

Hey Hppd! I was actually following your tank thread a few months back from the startup so I have to say much thanks for having such a helpful thread! Definitely was one of the informative threads that got us started into the hobby and yours is looking awesome.

The clam was actually bought by my girlfriend right after the tank cycled. I read everywhere that this was a huge "no-no" so I wanted to return it. It was actually doing bad for the first week as it would never attach its foot and hated being on the substrate even when it'd blow itself off of the rock. After a lot of reading and finally getting my calcium in check with the supplementation of a two part solution, he attached his foot and has been doing excellent. I definitely noticed the biggest change after the two part solution though- I simply dose it every monday, wednesday and friday along w/ the weekly water change on friday. From what I've read, try to get one that's bigger than two inches across so it won't be a primary filter feeder.

Tank is looking good. How long has the clam been in there? How does he seem to be doing? That is my next purchase :-)

Archived