Coral Vue Hydros

Looking to build a few tanks at Cost...

erickrm

Update12/2/2009: To everyone and anyone that is looking for a build sometime in the future..... I have just been informed that my time is up again to head overseas for a second tour. I wont be leaving for a while but i need to go back to school for some more updated training that will aid me in my job overseas.

So what does this mean for you.... If you want anything made, 5 Jan 2009 will be the last day I order Material. I have yet to aquire an apprentice so i am not seeing the possibility of running this up until i get back from my tour.

Again if you need a tank, now is the time, and i will honor the at cost price.

Thank you, for your support and time.

Update, i am only allowed so many pms and i have deleted so many that i feel i might have deleted some i should have kept..... so please do me a favor ladies and gents and email me at erickrm AT Gmail . COM

Thank you.

Good morning everyone, just wanted to send out an opportunity to build a few tanks at cost for some of the Nano-Reef community.

Edit: here are only a couple of sample pics: MAD Tanks

What i am looking to build....

-All in One tanks

-Sumps

-HOB Refugiums

-Cubes

My website was recently tampered with by malicious users which in one way was my fault for using a crappy host! so now i got the best host in the market but i am stuck with only a few pictures that i was able to salvage of my work. So i am looking to rebuild my gallery, for anyone that knows about acrylic i use the pin method to welding, as well as give each of my tanks about a week in drying time before i put them to the test with water for another week. This will ensure that th tank has the strongest bond, and will not leak.

If you have something in mind that i did not list just let me know and we can work something out. I am not looking to make any money here i just want to like i said rebuild my gallery and at the same time give you guys a great price on something you have been wanting to build.

Thank you.

Edit: 20081015

19X19X16 with internal overflow

IMG_2875.jpg

and ready to be shipped out

IMG_2883.jpg

Custom Overflow box 6X4

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

12X12X9 AIO

IMG_2863.jpg

Who would be interested in a GB kind of thing for 12" cubes? all in ones. When i buy material in bulk it is obviously cheaper, so if you guys are interested you can discuss which kind of tanks you want and i will get you guys a total price on material for each tank.

Example: 4 AIO 12" cubes would cost around 53.25 each before shipping where as if they had to be individually purchased they would be around 72.33 saving you about 20 dollars.

This can easily be done for any other tank, assuming you guys order at least 4 to get into the savings pricing.

The big killer with making these tanks is shipping! but again on top of saving on material shipping will also be less.

Material Prices on some common quote request:

12" Cube rimless: $61.52

12" AIO: $72.33

12X12X9 AIO: $63.34

24" cube, internal overflow, and top brace: $253.09

20X20X18 Internal overflow, and top brace:$225.16

24X24X12, Internal overflow and top brace:$155.33

24X24X18 Rimless cube 3/4" Internal overflow box : $373.55

All tanks will include polished edges, which sometimes can take hrs depending on the size and thickness of the tank! and as i stated before no labor charge but i am starting to fill in my quota so check in asap. If you can get more than 3 or 4 people to buy with you then you will save a great deal on material pricing! and get yourselves better deals as this will save on shipping as well as material discounts for buying more at once.

Thank you.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very cool.

Can you post a few pics of work you have done in the past?

sure thing bud, I will once i get home.... I don't have access to my photobucket but i think you can see it from this link... MAD Tanks these were the only pictures that i could find on my hard drive... i believe that my wify deleted my cameras memory card by mistake which had a lot of my other pictures. If i can find any more of the pics i will post them up as well. for the most part all the tanks are clean joints, very very minimal bubbles but then again i have yet to see a tank that has 0 bubbles...

Thank you.

can i get a price on a 12Lx12wx8h rimless AIO ? whatever the minimum thickness of acrylic needed is fine.

oh, and one for a hang-on/stand-behind fuge for a 20L, i was thinking 20Lx4Wx16H?

EDIT: just in case your generous offer has filled your pm box and my response to yours didn't go through,

what would be the price for your standard medium fuge? and on the AIO, what would the price be with just one baffle but enough of an overflow to handle the flow of a maxi-jet 900? no fish will be in the tank, so a lowered portion of the back wall is fine--no need for tedious overflow teeth ;)

replied to all pms....

Thanks for the interest so far.. i hope you guys like the prices ;)

Bump.... i have plenty of room for more tank orders! so bring them on!

replied to all pms....

Thanks for the interest so far.. i hope you guys like the prices ;)

Bump.... i have plenty of room for more tank orders! so bring them on!

How about a sump about the size of a 29g tank but a bit shorter? I don't have dimensions but I could get them. PM me a ballpark.

Any pics that you could post on here of your work would be very helpful, as well as any feedback you might have.

We had a member not long ago who made this same offer and a few people got ripped off as a result of it. Hard to believe that could happen on an offer to make free tanks, but it did, partly as a result of business he generated from the free tank offer.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not saying you're like that. It's just that some people might be leery after that happening and would feel more confident if you could post pics and stuff.

You might get even MORE responses than you seem to already be generating! ;)

No i completely understand and dont take it the wrong way... i have been ripped off plenty of times in the past. I have a link in the 3rd post that has a few pics of my work from when i first started... like i said my old website was operantly not secure enough! and was messed up by some low lives :( loosing all my work pictures as well as sketches and designs i had, which i am slowly sketching out again.

To fix this i have bought service from the #1 Webhost that i could find....

I will fix my first post and put the link to my photobucket with the few pictures i have on there.... you can see the 19X19X16" cube i made with a sample of what my joints look like, and a couple of smaller cubes, as well as a HOB DIY Refugium, and a frag tank.

Thanks for the advice, once again i am here simply to help out the community and at the same time help better my business. I am not trying to make money off of anyone just simply pay for my gas to drive and get material and drop off your item at the shipping office.

Thanks again.

sorry bud, i dont do acrylic bending.... :( unless i am misunderstanding you..... I can however make you an AIO tank, but it will have joints let me know either way.

SD: sorry about that i will send you a pm in a sec...

Thanks.

Hey I'm interested in a skimmer box for my ATB medium skimmer. This would fit inside my 150g rubbermaid tub and allow the tank overflow to drain into it and then exit into the tub after the water is skimmed. It would be even cooler if you had 2 filter sock holders in it in case I decided to go that route. Something like 20x24x12H would be great, I can double check on the dimensions of the skimmer if you are interested in the job.

Archived