Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nal's awesome picotope

NAL

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pic makes it look more blue than it really is. It seems to work good so far, I am thinking about doing a LED retrofit though. I was going to ask advice on that soon.

What? You think I only hang out in the lighting forum? I'm always browsing the pico forums. Not because I want to get people to use LEDs (:)), but cuz I have two picos myself. Plus, I love seeing everyones tiny tanks.

What? You think I only hang out in the lighting forum? I'm always browsing the pico forums. Not because I want to get people to use LEDs (:)), but cuz I have two picos myself. Plus, I love seeing everyones tiny tanks.

I figured you just had search opened for "LED" on auto refresh. :)

Ok, so I have 3" by about 12" area. I'm thinking of running fans on each end, there is slots in this fixture for it.

Sounds like a prime candidate for it. I was thinking about using the Odyssea PC fixtures for my retro project, but the shape of the Satellite lured me away from cheaper prices (the top is flatter). Thats not to say the retro I made couldn't fit in your fixture with a few mods.

If you come up with a game plan, I can help out with the planning. I have a bunch more of the heatsinks I use if you want to use them.

let me know if the odyessa led works! I would not mind saving an extra $40-$50

I see odyessa at online stores for $25. compared to the $80 for the dual sattelite

let me know if the odyessa led works! I would not mind saving an extra $40-$50

I see odyessa at online stores for $25. compared to the $80 for the dual sattelite

I don't know when I'm going to get around to buying everything. BUT.....Usually when I get an obsession, like this, I tend to do everything to get it done right away though.

lightsledheatsinks.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing an LED project in another aquarium, so this one will have to wait.

The goby jumped sadly, IDK why exactly. :(

I don't know what to do for livestock, I know everyone is going to say sexy shrimp, but IDK. I want something different.

• 1 month later...

Archived