Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

sun sun sun (new aquarium RSM coming - pg 9)

slcw

That poor yellow tang looks cramped in your small tank, it's messed up if you ask me.. :angry:

his tank foot print is 48x24... about the same as a 120/125.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fingers been rusty...need some practise to stay in touch:P

rhinzo.jpg

During Nov 2008 local aquafair, I acquired 4 additional seafans at very good prices, had to rescape to cater for real estate:D

FTS.jpg

Awsome tank.

Sun corals are my true Favs. i have aquied a couple sick ones and have done a great job thus far getting them healthy. The guy who gave me my orange wants it back now that it is healing and growing again. i told him to drop dead.

Yours all look amazing though. I hope I get mine that healthy again.

Awsome tank.

Sun corals are my true Favs. i have aquied a couple sick ones and have done a great job thus far getting them healthy. The guy who gave me my orange wants it back now that it is healing and growing again. i told him to drop dead.

Yours all look amazing though. I hope I get mine that healthy again.

lol...excellent to hear. I am sure you will.

thanks

I love this tank!!! Just curious, does your rhizo and dendro get along or attack each other? I've never placed mine close because I don't know how they react to each other. I've seen rhizos by each other before though. Great pictures too, I need a better camera bad.

kermitthedaniel
his tank foot print is 48x24... about the same as a 120/125.

yeah but its only 15 inches high. its total volume is 74.8G so pretty much 75G

2 things

1. love the corals beautiful tank, incredible, love the dedication and everything in it.

2. the fish , WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING.

for one you have 2 tangs in your tank, the yellow tang, i would keep , why do you have a regal also, and you have 5 clownfish, i saw you have a clarki and a ocellaris in there,

you have

yellow tang

regal tang

5 clown fish

blue star fish

1 royal gamma

1 blue devil damsel

you know clownfish are damsels right, and you still have another damsel in there. and you have 5 clown fish. i mean come on, the corals are one thing which i compliment you and i hope you can keep them alive but the fish. seriously what are you thinking

Beautiful tank, I love the aquascaping. I currently setting up a pico for sun coral and I was planning on buying the corals from live aquaria, I was wondering if you knew if there was a difference between sun corals from Fiji and Eastern Asia. Also what exactly do you feed your sun corals and gorgonian?

Thanks

-kG

yeah but its only 15 inches high. its total volume is 74.8G so pretty much 75G

2 things

1. love the corals beautiful tank, incredible, love the dedication and everything in it.

2. the fish , WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING.

for one you have 2 tangs in your tank, the yellow tang, i would keep , why do you have a regal also, and you have 5 clownfish, i saw you have a clarki and a ocellaris in there,

you have

yellow tang

regal tang

5 clown fish

blue star fish

1 royal gamma

1 blue devil damsel

you know clownfish are damsels right, and you still have another damsel in there. and you have 5 clown fish. i mean come on, the corals are one thing which i compliment you and i hope you can keep them alive but the fish. seriously what are you thinking

:D i had 5 clowns when i had photosynthetic corals and BTA & a green haddoni. So they continued since no one wanted the 3 clarks when i sold off the photosynthetic corals. In fact so long they had sufficient LR they didnt bother each other as there was ample of hidding corners.

Until recently I rescape my real estate for my new seafans (note: I removed 1 clown at this moment). , I removed about half of my LR, then the aggression began. Subsequently I caught another 2. Now my above aquarium host a common clown and 1 clarki. And of course the other blue damsel. :D

thanks for the comment, I probably forgot to update the livestock...hehe :P

I love this tank!!! Just curious, does your rhizo and dendro get along or attack each other? I've never placed mine close because I don't know how they react to each other. I've seen rhizos by each other before though. Great pictures too, I need a better camera bad.

the rhinzo tentacles are very sticky.

I try not to allow them to contact each other.

Beautiful tank, I love the aquascaping. I currently setting up a pico for sun coral and I was planning on buying the corals from live aquaria, I was wondering if you knew if there was a difference between sun corals from Fiji and Eastern Asia. Also what exactly do you feed your sun corals and gorgonian?

Thanks

-kG

not sure if i mentioned eariler, but here goes.

cyclopeeze

golden pearls

mysis shrimp

DT phytoplankton

own seafood mix

FM ultra (seafan, clam, min S, min F, life)

:bowdown: stunning!

thanks

No dendros?

I bought 1 very beautiful dendro, but perished within a week.

I have a pink/purple, not doing well.

I have a yellow which u can see in the last pic on the bottom right. This is growing taller since I got it. (but I am not placing any bets on it yet)

Having read 1 RC thread which printed out on A4 paper came out to be 250+ pages, it took me several weeks to read (1st post was 2006 until now :o )

I am not prepared to head down that direction until something more concrete surfaces in terms of captive care. Currently I am focused on the seafans and suns first, perhaps when i more knowledgeable and confident I try again. ;) hehe

well thats good to hear, i really love this tank really good job, just was shocked before. great job keep it up

no worries mate. I try my best. Thanks for the comment once again ;)

Yeah I looked a few pages back and I saw the recent pics. Awesome tank! What kind of lighting is used?

Since the corals are non-photosynthetic, the lighting is a simple 4ft (54 watts if not mistaken) T5HO. I have to check it out later at home as to the brand of the T5HO

Since the corals are non-photosynthetic, the lighting is a simple 4ft (54 watts if not mistaken) T5HO. I have to check it out later at home as to the brand of the T5HO

That's cool. The light is always the main expensive part and you can skimp out and still have awesome coral.

That's cool. The light is always the main expensive part and you can skimp out and still have awesome coral.

that is the advantage, but there is a downside to keeping azoo corals.

the feeding can be expensive and it takes a toll on the water parameters.

changing water can be cost-prohibitive :wacko:

Darn, I'd hoped maybe you'd tried them close together. I know that rhizo is sticky as hell, mine has grabbed on and left welts on my hands, I don't have any anemones but I imagine their sting must be similar. How deep is your sand bed for the tube anemone? I would like one of those someday, they are very cool looking.

Darn, I'd hoped maybe you'd tried them close together. I know that rhizo is sticky as hell, mine has grabbed on and left welts on my hands, I don't have any anemones but I imagine their sting must be similar. How deep is your sand bed for the tube anemone? I would like one of those someday, they are very cool looking.

in fact i find my rhyzo more stickier than my follow BTA.

tube anemone - no longer exists, I got a plastic container for its burrowing, but after i buried it, It never got up again. When I discovered it, it was decomposing hence, remove container and left my sand to be an inch thick only. This was at least 2 months back. I guess I should have gave it a container for its burrowing in the first place as i understand they do not like to be move (they are more sensitive in handling & transportation versus sun corals)

last night, I looked at my aquarium again.

I am not sure if i wish to stock up that balance 1/3 of the tank. I was thinking to move this 2/3 to the centre of the tank and leave more space at the perimeters of the aquarium. This is because the sides of the aquarium are where i position my nano tunzes and return pump hose; kinda unsightly u know what i mean.

But that would mean i have less space to further additions.

comments?

Archived