Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sapphire Nanoskimmer?

trojandds

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To say I'm beyond anxious is an understatement. Hows it coming with getting those orders out?

Yeah, I am also in a kind of "holding pattern" on doing any more with the BC29 I have till I have a working skimmer.... I want to land please.... going round is making me dizzy. :P

Yeah, I am also in a kind of "holding pattern" on doing any more with the BC29 I have till I have a working skimmer.... I want to land please.... going round is making me dizzy. :P

Same deal...I really don't want to add anything new to my 12G until I get a skimmer that actually works and I dont feel like spending the money on one that does just to hack up my cube so it will fit......Please help a brotha out with those 12G skimmers :D

Same deal...I really don't want to add anything new to my 12G until I get a skimmer that actually works and I dont feel like spending the money on one that does just to hack up my cube so it will fit......Please help a brotha out with those 12G skimmers :D

Just FYI:

http://www.sapphireaquatics.com/

that was an empty site the last time I looked, now they have some pages up!

I'm taking the liberty to quote Kyle's last response to me:

"We are working through the weekend again to get them finished. The parts are here and we are working on completing product right now." - Friday 10/17

They're trying to start getting presales out this week.

Kyle or Nick:

So are these for the presales for the NC24 or the NC12? If only for the NC24, what's the currrent ETA for the NC12 skimmers?

Also, any pics of the new NC12 skimmer?

We're doing presales for all skimmers right now including the NC12. I spoke with them this morning and I'm going to be transmitting shipping labels to them today for the NC24 presales so they should be out the door anytime. BC29 skimmers will be following mid-late next week and the AP24 skimmers should be coming shortly after that. The 12/14g skimmers will probably be coming out shortly after the BC29 skimmers ship as well. Sapphire is going to send me new pictures asap to update the product pages.

The good news is that it sounds like it should only take a few days to make large amounts of each type of skimmer so once the presales are out of the way there will be a much more steady supply available. The presales skimmers are being shipped in stages as outlined above so we just ask for patience (I know we've already stretched the meaning of that word with many of you) from our customers. They're on the way and everybody will be taken care of soon!

I think it's more excitement to get a product that will potentially work that's driving most of us, or at least myself, to post for updates. I appreciate all the work you guys are doing, can't wait to get my skimmer

I think it's more excitement to get a product that will potentially work that's driving most of us, or at least myself, to post for updates. I appreciate all the work you guys are doing, can't wait to get my skimmer

I will second that. I would rather have the longer wait with a good product than a short turn around with something I curse!

As a second note... how do you get the paint off the back chambers? Can it be done with the tank up and running or is this something that should have been done long ago?

Thanks,

-T

Sapphire Aquatics

It's actually just a sticker. I just scraped it off with a razor blade, only took a minute or so. Now you can clearly see where the water level needs to be in order for the skimmer to operate properly. I run mine open top with a T5 fixture and only need to top it off once every three days. Keep in mind that you will need a surface skimmer for the NC24 skimmer to operate properly. Most of the DX models come with one but the older models will need to order one if you aren't already using it.

Shipping tomorrow!

awesome, glad to know they're almost here!

but are you shipping the presale skimmers?

i ordered the presale nc24 and didn't receive any shipping info through email

Sapphire Aquatics

We had a couple of setbacks but the skimmers should be shipping out tomorrow evening. It seems to be one small hurdle after another but we will get there! You will like the end result. I cleaned our shop nano skimmer cup tonight and it smelled as bad as it looked, nearly black skimmate with loads of particulate matter.

Hi i would like to know if this skimmer could be mounted in the opposite direction. my return to my chiller is on the left side of my second chamber it looks like that is where the collection cup would be, and would I have enough room if that is possible.thanks bill

nc24

jbj chiller

hqi mh 150w

refugium 2nd chamber (soon to be moved)

It's actually just a sticker. I just scraped it off with a razor blade, only took a minute or so. Now you can clearly see where the water level needs to be in order for the skimmer to operate properly. I run mine open top with a T5 fixture and only need to top it off once every three days. Keep in mind that you will need a surface skimmer for the NC24 skimmer to operate properly. Most of the DX models come with one but the older models will need to order one if you aren't already using it.

Just to be clear, the sticker is on the external side of the BioCube 29, and just needs a bit of a razor blade to scrape it?

-Travis

Just to be clear, the sticker is on the external side of the BioCube 29, and just needs a bit of a razor blade to scrape it?

-Travis

Travis,

The Biocubes all actually use black paint on the back of the tank and needs to be scraped off using a razor blade or similar tool in the pattern desired.

The other systems like the JBJ Nanocube and Current-USA Aquapods use a vinyl covering that has a light adhesive. You would trace out the pattern you want to remove with a razor blade and just peel off the section you don't want. The Biocube's is a little bit less convenient.

***NEWS FLASH***

I just checked our pre-sale shipping status on the NC24 skimmers and they have all shipped. Customers should be seeing them shortly. BC29 and AP24 skimmers are coming up next with the NC12's bringing up the rear as I understand it.

***NEWS FLASH***

I just checked our pre-sale shipping status on the NC24 skimmers and they have all shipped. Customers should be seeing them shortly. BC29 and AP24 skimmers are coming up next with the NC12's bringing up the rear as I understand it.

SWEET! :happydance:

Are they shipping UPS?

Is there any way we can get tracking info?

It should have been automatically e-mailed to you when the shipping label was created. You may want to check a spam folder. If you have an SBCglobal or related AT&T e-mail address it may have bounced (this happens a lot for us for some reason). You can also log in to your account on the website and check your order history. Once in your order history you can find the tracking details in the order comments section of your order.

hey I did'nt get mine for the BC model :(

oh by the way hello everyone... finally posted for the first time

:welcome:

Did you order something besides the skimmer? I did, and it's resulted in a slight delay. I talked to Nick yesterday, and he said he needed to contact Kyle @ Sapphire to figure out how they were going to do orders comprised of a skimmer + stuff from Nanotuners. My Koralia Nano has shipped from Nanotuners, so I assume he's having Kyle drop ship the skimmer straight to me.

Wedge, turns out the same thing happened to me. I ordered a thermometer in the same order - it shipped yesterday, but not the skimmer. Nick told me that Sapphire should start shipping the skimmers "anytime now".

Archived