Pod Your Reef

Sapphire Nanoskimmer?

trojandds

Yes, you will see the first release of the pico-skimmers this month. I have been working on a mesh impeller for the small pumps and they should be ready very soon.

you are the man. Thanks for the quick replies! I'm hoping to see someone post pics and a review of this baby soon..

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, you will see the first release of the pico-skimmers this month. I have been working on a mesh impeller for the small pumps and they should be ready very soon.

what's do you have going for the bc29, can I get a recirc kit for my skimmer, and do you have a mesh mod for the bc29 skimmer?

Kyle -

I just preordered a BC29 skimmer from nanotuners. How many skimmers are going to be released on this first batch? They said there were about 20 people in front of me - any ideas on how long it's gonna be? I'm ready to get it going and write you a good review. =)

where can i get the sapphire skimmer for the Bio-Cube 29?

plz i need a skimmer for my nano ASAP, and i cant find this one...

They are taking preorders at nanotuners.com and nanocustoms.com. Looks like it's gonna be worth the wait.

tmelhiser - I am starting small with two offerings, a 10 gallon 14"x16"x14" and a 22 gallon 24"x16"x14". I really like the idea of a 75 or 90 AIO tank so I will look into what it will cost and see if it makes sense. Hopefully these nano tanks will do well, I think they are very good looking and will be priced right for what you get.

First batch of skimmers will be going out next week.

How is it going ?? will shipping start soon?? (I have a pre-order for the BC29 unit thru nanotuners)

Thanks!

Denny

acrofish - The surface skimmer is needed for the skimmer to operate properly and keep the water level in the display up near the top. Basser1 has a Biocube and it does not require the use of a surface skimmer but the Nanocubes do. The water level in the rear chambers is established by the baffles and the only fluctuation in water level should be in the third, left to right, return chamber. The baffle between the middle and right chamber has a small gap in it about three inches down. You want to keep your water level at or slightly below this gap. This will keep the water level in the middle chamber at a constant level.

Kyle,

This confuses me a bit, and admittedly I've always been unclear as to how high the water level should be in the rear of my NC24. You say the water level should be "at or slightly below" the gap between the middle and right chambers. If the water level is below the gap, how would water get into the 3rd chamber, where the return pump resides? Maybe I'm more confused than usual. :unsure:

BTW...I just pre-ordered my NC24 skimmer from Nanotuners, and I am psyched! :happydance:

How is it going ?? will shipping start soon?? (I have a pre-order for the BC29 unit thru nanotuners)

Thanks!

Denny

Bump.

it's thursday night ... any news ??

I was told the 24/29g skimmers should be shipping anytime now. I'm hoping to start notifying customers with shipping information as soon as I get details from Sapphire.

Sapphire Aquatics

Sorry for the lack of response this week. We have been fine tuning the skimmers so there are no microbubbles released from it and tweaking the performance of the impellers. Finally there are no micros released and no need for sponge or filter floss. I didn't want to release the first batch until we had it just right. I don't want to see any of them come back and I know you wouldn't want to send it back after waiting all of this time. It will be worth the wait.

Sorry for the lack of response this week. We have been fine tuning the skimmers so there are no microbubbles released from it and tweaking the performance of the impellers. Finally there are no micros released and no need for sponge or filter floss. I didn't want to release the first batch until we had it just right. I don't want to see any of them come back and I know you wouldn't want to send it back after waiting all of this time. It will be worth the wait.

Any info on a upgrade package for the older BC-29R...I love mine...

Any info on a upgrade package for the older BC-29R...I love mine...

Go to page 2 of this thread and read posts #21 thru #25, I asked basically the same question. As I understand it, Kyle is now using Sicce pumps instead of the maxi-jets. The new impellers may not work with the maxi-jets. Hence we may have to purchase the Sicce pump for the new impeller to work. Maybe Kyle can confirm this for us.

Go to page 2 of this thread and read posts #21 thru #25, I asked basically the same question. As I understand it, Kyle is now using Sicce pumps instead of the maxi-jets. The new impellers may not work with the maxi-jets. Hence we may have to purchase the Sicce pump for the new impeller to work. Maybe Kyle can confirm this for us.

Thanks...

Thanks, I understand your desire to "Get it right the first time".

I am in Tampa and I know what a mess the storm was.

and I write computer software... getting it right is a big deal when customers can be impressed to keep coming back or not impressed and ready to skin you for some bug.

Glad to hear the news.

BTW I see an empty domain with a place holder, do you want any help getting that working ??

Sigh. Alright, as long as they're awesome.

Thanks, I understand your desire to "Get it right the first time".

I am in Tampa and I know what a mess the storm was.

and I write computer software... getting it right is a big deal when customers can be impressed to keep coming back or not impressed and ready to skin you for some bug.

Glad to hear the news.

BTW I see an empty domain with a place holder, do you want any help getting that working ??

Bump.... any news on shipping ?

Just waiting for the last couple of parts to come in for the gate valves. Should be here very soon!

I am sure you are busy getting the first batch out the door, any ideas on if/when the nano sump and overflows will be ready? Any thoughts on making other products such as calcium reactors etc?

I'm looking forward to seeing your first batch sent out, I will definitely be one of the first in line to purchase an upgrade package for the old bc29r skimmer.

Just waiting for the last couple of parts to come in for the gate valves. Should be here very soon!

Thanks, starting to feel like an expectant dad, waiting for the sound of that first cry :P

still waiting for parts ??

I'm taking the liberty to quote Kyle's last response to me:

"We are working through the weekend again to get them finished. The parts are here and we are working on completing product right now." - Friday 10/17

They're trying to start getting presales out this week.

"We are working through the weekend again to get them finished. The parts are here and we are working on completing product right now." - Friday 10/17

Thanks for the update Nick. We're all beyond anxious to get our new toys! Has Kyle given any indication if he thought he'd able to fulfill all of the pre-orders on the first shipment?

Sweet! hoping to get my unit and break it in soon so I can then give good words about how amazing it works :)

Archived