Pod Your Reef

Tbones Oceanic 70

Tbone675

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This will be the build thread for my new tank. Progress will start tomorrow! I'll try to take pics along the way to document the progress I make.

haha. couldn't have just waited until tomorrow to start the thread?

oceanics are awesome so i will be keeping my eye out for updates.

Not much done today....I was on call for CT and had go in quite a few times.....I do have some pics!

Here is the tank, and the drain and return that came with it.

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

it has two 1 3/4" holes drilled on the overflow.

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

Here is the stand, it was made by a member of my local reef club. It is 38" tall. No bending over to look into this baby.

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

as I type the tank is being filled by my 100gpd ro/di......after it is filled I have to get the water to 1.026 and up to temp. then comes the transfer from my 40 breeder to the new 70. I won't get anything done tomorrow, I have to do a 24hr shift.

I got a bit more done....the sump fuge uv are all hooked up, but as of now are not running. i did a leak test and the whiper seal on the uv leaked so i have to order a new one. some pics!

the sump (with a ball of cheto in it, i put it there when i cleaned the fuge...)

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

the cpr hob fuge with 10lbs of miracle mud in it

IMG_1042.jpg

the mag 9 and plumbing

IMG_1043.jpg

the sump fuge and mag all set up.

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

the sump all set up under the tank. (nothing is set in stone yet still not sure if I like it.)

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

almost forgot the tank. (all the corals were not moved yet in this pic.)

IMG_1050.jpg

the tank looks so small in the pic. lol

• 2 weeks later...

i just got it all up and running...the UV has a built in whipper and the seal on it was leaking(i figured it would when i got it, it was used, there was a little rust/gunk on the rod where it sat in the seal for a long period without moving.) i also used different line on the return i didn't like the black vinyl, it was too restricting. i changed the 45s to 90s on the drain. the angle of the 45s hit the skimmer.

I am going to rescape tomorrow I think....I would like a more open scape. Here are some pics of what it looks like now.

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

here is the stock list. the fish are not in the tank yet.....the are in QT in a 40 breeder.

(i have these fish)

2 picasso clowns

2 purple firefish

1 kole eye tang

1 flasher wrasse

1 bi-color blenny

1 red scooter dragonette

(fish i am getting)

1 blue spot jawfish

1 mystery wrasse

Usually I'm not much on Rock Pile aquascapes, but that looks damn good. I love that size tank.

ya its not too bad but, the rock is about 2 in from the front glass....if not closer.

Last night I found a problem, his name is Pete the pistol shrimp.....its green with black stripes and about as big around as a mans finger. He is stealing corals and digging burrows....now i got to trap him.

well the new scape is up......on the old scape the rock was so close to the front you couldnt slide you hand down to the sand...MUCH more swiming room for the fish in the new scape....i think i may need more rock though, i want to make each rock point reach up twards the top of the water....

old

IMG_1050.jpg

new

IMG_1059.jpg

i got the pistol out he is in the fuge now......dont know what to do with him.

Archived